Back to Normal

Tate's POV

Elliott's concern for Mark's punishment seemed a bit trivial to me. The bastard obviously deserved punishment for being a psychopathic little freak-show, who could justify stealing children to himself.

I'd beat him myself.

As always, I was the one who drove on the way home. For once, I actually wished that I wasn't. Whereas usually the thought of Oliver or Elliott driving my truck would drive me crazy, this time I wanted to be in the back with the kids.

Fuck, I loved them so much. My love for my children wasn't exactly the sweet, docile, paternal love that I figured I would feel. It was fierce and overprotective. It made me want to harm anyone who hurt them.

I really wanted a video of whatever Zander did to Mark.

"I definitely want more kids," I decided, causing Elliott to cover his face with his hands. "Just to rub it in that barren freak's face."

Oliver looked a tad shocked. "Tate, c'mon."

Truthfully, the thought of more children, whom I would love and could also get hurt, made me scared. But I couldn't help but want more anyway.

Elliott uncovered his face. "Oi, shithead. Don't make fun of Noel for that."

"He stole our children."

"...Yeah, but jeez, there's a line about things you say."

"Not for me."

Oliver and Elliott were definitely exchanging an exasperated look. Finally, something that happened today that was normal. It made me smirk a little.

"Now that this craziness is all over, I have plans," Elliott announced. "We're taking a family vacation to Disney. Tate, I already know what you're gonna say."

"They won't even remember it, so isn't that—"

"Not a waste of money, because good memories are priceless."

"Right, except they would have no memory of—"

"Maybe we can do something cheaper," Oliver attempted. "Like...camping?"

My mind instantly flashed to the place Noel had been hiding out near. "Are you stupid?"

"Fuck that idea!" Elliott snapped.

Oliver winced. "Right. Uh. Maybe we can find a waterfall somewhere?"

We stared.

He blushed. "I dunno! Stop lookin' at me."

Elliott glared. "Disney World or we let Oliver pick the vacation. You chose."

I sent Oliver an apologetic look. "Disney it is."

"Hey! Not nice."

I was definitely about to say something to soothe my poor brother's feelings, except we pulled into the driveway. Which already had two cars parked inside of it.

"I don't want to ruin anyone's day, but our parents are here," I drawled.

Oliver slumped in his seat. "Dad is probably gonna wanna know how the meeting went."

"Then you don't have anything to worry about," Elliott said, shooting us a warm smile. "You both were perfect."

"We did get additional money for the pack," I pointed out. "Maybe we're flawless Alphas and Dad has nothing to worry about."

Oliver grimaced. "...Except for the part where I beat up their Beta."

"Yeah, you're an idiot."

Elliott popped his head between us. "Actually, I think she was beating you up, Ollie dolly."