A Surprise Visit

Tate's POV

They clearly weren't expecting us. They were sitting on a blanket in the living room, surrounded by baby toys, with my children next to them.

Noel's eyes were wide and terrified. He let out a quiet, "oh no" before Elliott was on him.

And shit, Elliott didn't hold back. Despite the threat of Zander looming over his head, he shifted and jumped at Noel, shoving him far away from where our children were laying on the floor.

Oliver walked over and picked Josh up gently off the ground, cradling the baby to his chest. My heart warmed when I overheard the soft, happy noises that Josh was making, as he curled against Oliver gently.

I approached Mark, who had my baby in his arms. My vision was too-sharp, trained on the hands he had around Jake. "You need to hand me my son," I told him, leaving no room for argument.

Mark's gaze whirled towards where Elliott had Noel pinned. Noel hadn't even bothered to shift. "Tell your attack dog to get off of my mate, then I will!"

"Elliott!" I yelled, hoping I'd manage to convince him. "You need to stop. Mark has Jake."

Well I have his mate, Elliott's voice echoed in my mind as he dug his claws into Noel's chest.

I was glad that Mark couldn't overhear our mental link. It was probably for the best. Panic tightening in my chest at the thought of Mark and his hands on Jake, I whirled back around and approached him. He didn't make any threatening moves towards my baby, but that didn't mean that he wouldn't.

"Please, you need to give this up," I spoke frantically, glancing at Elliott. Noel was crying and Mark wouldn't look away from them.

"Stop hurting him!" Mark yelled, catching Elliott's attention. "I have your son!"

Oh shit.

I met Oliver's eyes and we both looked at Elliott, who was breathing hard and whose gaze was completely zeroed in on Mark. Oliver and I had been met with relief when we saw our children. Elliott wanted revenge.

My head turned back towards Mark and Jake, who was holding his hands out towards me, a smile wide on his face. He was too young to know what was going on, but he was old enough to know that he wanted his Daddy.

Maybe I wanted revenge a little bit too.

Deciding it was worth the risk, I darted forward and grabbed Jake, yanking him roughly from Mark's arms. Mark's claws extended a fraction of a second too late and my vision went red. He had tried to hurt Jake.

Elliott had run from Noel to Mark, buying me enough time to cuddle Jake to my chest. He was whimpering a little from the rough handling, but I stroked his back and shushed him. "It's okay, baby. We're here, sweet one. You'll never get taken away from us again."

I approached Oliver, who had tears in his eyes and was whispering something to Josh. "Can I hold him?" he asked softly, extending an arm out for Josh.

I tucked my baby gently into his dad's arms and took a second to kiss little Joshie on the forehead. "Watch over them, okay?"

I turned back towards the mess that was happening at the other side of the room. Noel was still in his human form, flailing his arms around and begging Elliott to stop. Elliott and Mark were wolves, twisting in a vicious fight.

I hurled myself into the fray, staying by Elliott's side and forcing Mark into the corner. With each blow against his brown coat, I felt my rage increase.

He'd broken into my home and attacked my mate. They'd stolen Jake and Josh from us. They'd traumatized and terrified.

He was lucky that we'd found my children happy and healthy. For that, he got to keep his life.