Incest is Bad

Tate's POV

By the time we finally managed to get back home from the hospital, it was late at night a few days later. We were exhausted from learning new things about taking care of babies, greeting all of our hospital visitors (which was mostly excited pack members), and dealing with human Tate.

We now lived in the pack house, considering Mom and Dad had retired to the freaking giant mansion that retired Alphas got to live at. I carried in the babies and Oliver carried Elliott, who seemed pretty embarrassed at being coddled.

"Don't complain," I scolded him as we ascended the stairs. "After all the sacrifices you've done for our family these last few months, we're going to take good care of you."

"Yeah," Oliver said, totally piggy-backing on my romantic declaration. "You're not gonna have to lift a finger, 'kay?"

Elliott blushed and stared at us with wide eyes. "Really? The doctor said it wouldn't only take a few weeks to recover from the surgery..."

I kissed his cheek. "Well, don't worry. You're our little wifey. For the next week, we'll be at your service, okay love?"

He glowered. "I am not your wifey. I am your mate, a leader of this pack, the most badass Alpha this pack has ever know, and—!"

"Shh, wifey, you're gonna overexert yourself," Oliver cooed, pressing a kiss to his forehead and making Elliott squirm.

I stared at Oliver. "Overexert? Did you read a dictionary or something?"

He blushed and gently lowered Elliott to the bed. "Shut up..." He hesitated for two more seconds before adding, "I thought I'd hafta know some good words to make our kids smart an' stuff."

Elliott and I made eye contact to mentally squeal at how adorable he was. I managed to do this with mostly a straight face.

"Stop lookin' at me like that," Oliver whined, stalking over to our wardrobe to tug out some pajamas. "You're lookin' at me like I'm some kinda cute little puppy."

"These are the cutest puppies," I said with a grin, gently lowering out babies onto the bed next to Elliott. "Can we sleep with them tonight, you think?"

"No!" Elliott gasped, staring at me like I was insane. "What if you crush them in your sleep with your stupid muscles? We're putting them in their crib."

Oliver came back over with clothes for us all. I took them gratefully, happy to finally get into something cozy. Oliver and I changed quickly, then hurried over to help Elliott.

I stood him up and drew his shirt up over his body, kissing softly at his neck. "No way I'd crush them," I reasoned. "My dad instincts would kick in before that happened."

"You don't have dad instincts!" Oliver scoffed, glaring at me from over Elliott's shoulder. "Remember when Josh was cryin' and you thought it was because he hated his hair?"

"How could he not? He looks like Ben 10."

"Don't make fun of our baby's hair!" Elliott gasped, turning around and flinching a little. I caught him up in my arms, heart aching at the sight of his pain. "Ugh... the meds are definitely wearing off. Get me some percs."

"I'll get Advil," Oliver gave Elliott a quick kiss and wary look and left to grab his medicine.

I drew Elliott's jeans off slowly, stopping to kiss near the wound. I looked up just to see Elliott's breath stutter, eyes darkening. "Three weeks sucks," he groaned, looking at me from lidded eyes. "Maybe we can try for more babies soon."

Just once glance at the sleeping bundles made me smile. "I wouldn't be against having more. Look at how cute they are."

Oliver appeared in the doorway and made a squeaking noise. He looked at our position and jumped right to conclusions. "Tate! The doctor says no!"