Oliver Sucks at Chores

Elliott's POV

"Sir...I think this may be child abuse."

About a week had gone by since I'd given birth to the two most perfect little boys in the entire universe. And my mates were at yet another meeting with Alpha Needy. This was meeting number...three? Maybe four. No, definitely four.

Four fucking meetings. Bullshit.

"Shhh..." I said, lifting the camera. "I haven't made an Insta post in over three hours. The public wants to know what outfit they're in now."

Mason, the pack Beta and a very nice man, shifted awkwardly. "But...I think you might be overestimating how much the public cares about your babies."

All thoughts of him being a nice man evaporated completely. "Excuse me? Look at them."

We looked.

Both boys were curled up on a fluffy white blanket, dressed as dinosaurs. The entire thing was set up on a table for the best lighting possible, which may be considered by some to be dangerous. But it was chill.

Everything was under control.

"...They are adorable," Mason admitted reluctantly.

I went back to taking pictures of them. It was the only thing keeping insanity away as I rapidly became a single father of two, thanks to dumbass Alpha Needy.

...I had a panda bear photoshoot planned next.
And then something hit me. I squinted up at Mason. "Uh...Mase? Why are you here, like, no offense?"

As burly and mean-looking Mason was, especially with the nasty scar cutting across his lip, he was sweet. He looked a little sheepish as he answered, "I was instructed to remain here throughout the meeting with Alpha Zander."

Tate and Oliver had been gone for about an hour over some stupid negotiation of shared medical resources. Now that I thought about it, Mason had definitely arrived ten minutes later, begging for me to make him breakfast.

And had remained ever since. How had it taken me this long to be suspicious?

It was probably concerning that the twins in dino costumes completely ruined my ability to be aware of my own surroundings.

"Should I be offended?" I growled. "What did Tate say? Was it something dumb about how white wolves are defenseless and filled with hormones?"

Mason blinked. "No."

I scowled at my phone, debating calling and bitching them out. "I'm surprised..."

Mason cleared his throat and straightened. "For what it's worth, I don't believe that they find you to be weak or defenseless. It's just better to be safe than sorry, where the babies are concerned."

As much as I wanted to have a little bit of dignity and tell him that I could defend my children by myself, I wasn't stupid. Children of Alphas were very valuable; as were children of white wolves. These boys happened to be both, so any extra protection I could get was not only good, but also necessary.

Didn't mean I had to be happy about it.

"Fine, fine," I decided. "Can you grab the panda suits from their bedroom? If you're forced to be my protector while my big, bad mates are away, maybe you can be my assistant photographer."

Mason looked like that was a worse job than standing and doing nothing. Instead of vocalizing that opinion, he said, "Would you like the panda onesies or the panda sweatshirts?"

He was perfect for the job.

"The sweatshirts, please."

Mason and I had some great fun for the next hour. We fed the boys, grabbed various houseplants and made the table look like a jungle background, and I managed to add two more posts to my Instagram.