𝟭𝟭 || 𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗰 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱

╔═════ ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ═════╗

↳ 11 , magic word

warnings : none

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚

❝but we're safe here,
under the sheets❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚

One morning, a week or so later, you were awoken by Sasha violently shaking you.

"Finally you're awake!  You were sleeping like a log," she told you, taking her hands off of your limp body.

"Yeah, I got back late last night," you grumbled, remembering the long hours of stable duty Shadis had assigned you.

"Well, you better get ready.  The Commander has an announcement to make soon, apparently we need to pack supplies for the next three nights."

Once you had packed all you needed, you went outside to join the large crowd of gathering cadets.  What could the Commander possibly have up his sleeve this time?

"Listen up you maggots!  I hope you're well rested because you're about to embark on a four day mission!  In pairs, you will be given a section of land to survey and set up camp. There'll be a titan dummy for you to slay whilst you're there. The purpose of this exercise is for you to practice your survival skills, as if you've been separated from your squad on a mission.  Now listen up for your pairings!" Shadis announced and began to list pairs.

After getting only around four hours sleep, you were still exhausted from last night - the last thing you needed was a survival mission.

"Cadet Braus and Cadet Ackerman!" he shouted out. 
Well there went your chances of being with Sasha or Mikasa.

"Cadet l/n and... Cadet Kirschtein!"
For fucks sake.

"I'm interested to see how you two get on..." Shadis commented, handing you both a map with a section ruled out in red for you to survey.
"But Commander, they'll end up killing each-other!" Connie laughed, but he wasn't even joking. 
"Even better, this is a survival exercise after all!" Shadis rebutted, sending everyone on their way without time to argue.

The silence between you on the first part of the long and tedious trek seemed never-ending.  Neither of you could dare to speak a word.  And it irked you.  There was a pit growing in your stomach, a pit that felt uncomfortably empty yet somehow overflowing at the same time.  A lump in your throat that wouldn't leave.

You just wanted to get out of there - to have some time to think to yourself.  So, you pulled out the 3DMG that had been weighing down your backpack and began to put it on.