𝟭𝟴 || 𝘁𝗿𝗼𝘀𝘁

╔═════ ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ═════╗

↳ 18 , trost

warnings : gore , character death , angst , violence

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・

❝we were always a losing game❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・

The day finally came: you had graduated.  You ranked seventh and Jean sixth.  Tomorrow, your real life would begin. 

For the last time, you changed into your Cadet Corps uniform and turned to see Sasha. 

"It's finally here.  It feels like yesterday that I arrived at the training ground for the first time.  So much has changed..." you told her.
"Yeah, but we've got so many more adventures to come.  With the Scouts, every day is an adventure!" she smiled optimistically.

Mikasa was beside you, tying her red scarf around her neck. "Let's go, I need to find Eren," she interrupted once she had finished, leading you out of the door.

You walked out into Trost District, taking a deep breath.  Maybe you could visit Ada and Juliet later - it had been a while. They had visited you several times in training, but you were missing your home - especially after last night.

But first, you had jobs to attend to: Sasha and you were to clean cannons on top of the wall, with the Recon Corps. 

Sasha stashed some stolen meat away at the top of the wall, and you began to muse about how life would be when humanity retook Wall Maria.  Meat would no longer be a luxury, there would be enough land to keep livestock. 

For once, you felt hopeful.

Just as you finished, as if you had jinxed yourselves, there was an immense flash of lightning from outside the wall. 

Behind Eren, the Colossal Titan lurked, the one you saw in Shiganshina five years ago, the one who had started all of this. 

You stood there in shock, feet stuck to the spot.  Before anyone could counter it, the Colossal Titan broke through the wall, sending you all flying down.  This couldn't be happening.  Not again.  Not so soon. 

Falling down the side of the wall after the sudden blast, you hooked your 3DM gear onto the wall, looking up at the red muscular hand above you that was grabbing onto the top of the wall. 

It was Shiganshina all over again.

The gate had been broken through and, to make matters worse, the Colossal Titan had disappeared into thin air once more, as fast as it had formed out of it.