𝟬𝟲 || 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗲𝘁𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

╔═════ ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ═════╗

↳ 06 , competition

warnings : light angst

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・

❝under a spell you're hypnotised,
darling how could you be so blind?❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・

Immediately, you recognised two faces standing in the mess hall crowds, and ran up to see them.

"Juliet!  Ada!  You came!" you beamed, hugging them both.

"y/n, we missed you so much," Juliet told you, making you smile even more.

"I missed you too, a lot," you replied, taking a seat as they sat opposite you.

They caught you up on all that was happening at home, and to you it sounded like not much had changed. At least you had a home to go back to, one that was stable and safe.

"So, we hear you're doing quite well in training," Juliet remarked.
Flattered, you tried to suppress a pleased grin.
"Really? How'd you find that out?" you asked innocently.

Ada nodded towards a captain eating their dinner on another table.

"A little birdy told me," she laughed.

"Captain Deiner?"

"He trained in the 102nd with me, an old spark of mine, actually. Speaking of... anyone here that you're close with?" Ada waggled her eyebrows suggestively.

Heat rose to your face and a flustered feeling settled over you.  You didn't know why - it's not like there was anyone.

"Ada! You're going to make her embarrassed!" Juliet slapped her sister's wrist lightly.

"Oh come on, have some fun. I'm sure there is, I know I did when I was in training. So come on y/n, tell us all about it."

"There's nothing to tell," you responded and crossed your arms, Ada's expression one of over-exaggerated disappointment.

"You're lying, I can tell," Ada hit back.
"I am not!"
"You so are!"

You continued to bicker on like sisters.

"Deiner told me that you and this one guy have some kind of competition going on, I bet it's him. What was his name Julie? Was it Jaeger? Or Kirschtein? Or maybe it was Jaegstein?"