𝟭𝟮 || 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁

╔═════ ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ═════╗

↳ 12 , the tent

warnings : angst

warnings : angst

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚

❝you've got my devotion,
but man i can hate you sometimes❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚

The last full day of the mission went by quickly. You had completed nearly all of your tasks, besides from practicing on the titan dummy just across the meadow, which, within an hour, you were finished with too.

The rest of the day was spent fishing for dinner, and lazing around camp. It was nice to not have Shadis on your backs for once, ordering everyone around.

"I can't believe this will all be over soon. It feels like yesterday we were lining up, enrolling in the cadets for the first time," you muttered.

You had been cadets for nearly the full three years now, just a few months of it left until you were eighteen and ready to be sent off to the different regiments.

"Sasha getting yelled at for eating that steamed potato... I'm gonna miss our friends so much..." Jean reminisced.

"Sometimes I don't want it all to end. We're all gonna have to go our separate ways, forever. What if I never see some of them again? What if they..."

"No. Don't even say it. The 104th Cadets are some of the strongest there have ever been. You know why?"

You glanced up at him with curious eyes.

"...I hate to admit it, but all of you from Shiganshina, you fight for a purpose. And me and my friends going for the MPs... I suppose we fight for a purpose too.  Nobody's dying any time soon y/n."

"You sure have changed your tone. Not long ago you were comparing joining the Scouts to making a suicide pact."

"Oh, it still is. You'll find some way to get yourselves killed, just a little later than I first predicted."

"You're so comforting Jean," you sighed sarcastically.

The sun sank under the horizon, over the meadow as you both enjoyed the last moments of peace before you had to start preparing for the return trek tomorrow.

Taking in Jean's company, you breathed in the fresh air and tried to take your mind off of things.  His honey brown eyes glowed in the light of the fire, you looked into them for a moment whilst he was distracted. 

Then you were reminded, you needed to be well-rested for the day ahead. Plus, you wanted to maximise sleeping in a tent with less people around. Tomorrow, you'd have to go back to Sasha's snoring.