𝟮𝟬 || 𝗿𝗲𝗳𝗹𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

╔═════ ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ═════╗

↳ 20 , reflections

warnings : nsfw , angst , gore , violence , death

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚

❝the way you touch me's like the curse that can't be broken❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚

Your ribs recovered quickly, thanks to a new medicine Hange had been experimenting with - although you didn't have much of a say in them using it on you. Soon, you were up and moving again too, in time for the Scouts' next mission. The Military Police had ordered a handing over of Eren, and of course the Scouts weren't going to do that.

According to Armin, he believed that the Female Titan was none other than Annie Leonhart.  It took you a moment to believe, but in a way it made sense.  You knew there was something familiar about that titan. 

When you were in the Training Corps, she didn't mention much about her past and, apparently, the Female Titan had used several of Annie's infamous moves in hand-to-hand combat.  You felt betrayed, you had never talked much but she had lied to you the whole time, while the rest of the cadets trusted her without any restraint.  How could you all have been so foolish?

The plan was to disguise Jean as Eren, whilst luring Annie to the real Eren, trapping her.  With her secrets out, you could finally understand the meaning behind all the madness of the last five years.  Why were humans trying to sabotage humanity?  It was clear now, thanks to the discovery of Eren's abilities, that it was extremely likely that there were people behind the Armoured and Colossal Titans, the Female too.

Most of the Scouts carrying it out were your superiors, and only a small number of new recruits were to be involved.  However, being one of the strongest from the 104th, you had a role, albeit a small one. In case anything went wrong, you would be there as backup.

You sat at the end of Jean's bed as he got himself ready.  "Do I really look like Eren?  I can't believe they're making me stand in for him!" he complained as he fixed his clothes by the mirror.

"Someone's all worked up, what is it, got last minute butterflies?" you joked, wrapping your arms around his shoulders from behind him, taking him into an embrace. He reached for your hand and rubbed it as your head rested in the crevice of his neck. 

You faced his mirror, looking at the reflection in the glass.  How did this even happen?  Only a few months ago you hated this guy.  Now... this?  It was hard to believe you could ever hate him.  Maybe you never did.

"What're you looking at?" he spoke softly.
"Us."

He looked into the mirror too and smiled a small smile before pulling you around and into his arms.