𝟮𝟱 || 𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

╔═════ ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ═════╗

↳ 25 , epilogue

warnings : manga spoilers

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚

5 years later.

The sky that night was decorated with an array of stars, all illuminating the blue with a gentle glow. The view was beautiful from the hill you were sat on, a hill in the middle-of-nowhere, nothing but nature in its surroundings, and nothing but sky curving over the horizon.

A warm hand met yours. You looked at how your fingers were intertwined, and then you traced up to see Jean gazing fondly into your eyes.

"It's beautiful here," he let out a relaxed sigh.

"It really is, isn't it? The sky... it's so perfectly clear... We can see everything honey." You smiled brightly — even though you had been going out to watch the stars with him nearly every night since it had all ended, it was still like a dream come true each time. "Remember that thing I told myself, way back in training?"

"Hmm?" he hummed blissfully.

"Back on the porch, that night you found me drunk, watching the stars there. I promised myself that one day, I'd be able to look up to the stars just like that, and see only clear sky — no walls blocking my view. And would you look at where we are now?"

Jean stroked his thumb across your hand, and used his other to pull your jaw closer to his face. He pressed a kiss to your lips. It was short but sweet, soft and gentle like him.

Your noses skimmed. "And there's nobody I'd rather be here with than you. That same night... I told you about my favourite constellation, right? That one there." He pointed out the one which glowed the brightest among the rest of the stars, index finger towards the sky. "Everything in our world has changed, but there's two things that have always stayed the same..."

You glanced over to him with an easy smile. "And what might those two things be?"

"The night sky, with its constellations and... you." Your eyes met again and it was like seeing him for the first time. By just the way he looked upon you, you could see the love that had bound the pair of you together forever. "Through it all, y/n, you've stuck by my side. I love you... so, so damn much. That's why..." He breathed in slightly, swallowing, before continuing. "...I want to know if you'd make me the happiest man alive, and marry me."

the end.

╚═════ ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ═════╝