Sebastian Bach x Rachel Bolan - Dream of Me

1991

I remember the pounding of the bass drum, the haze of a strobing stage, my head was already hurting, but the adrenaline was carrying me as we screamed psycho love to the cheering audience. I don't remember seeing the bottle fly, or hitting sebastian in the head. I do remember the abrupt cut of Scotti's guitar and turning to see what made him stop. I saw Sebastian lying on the ground at the same time people from the side of the stage began rushing towards us. I felt the crowd shift and grow quieter as I dropped my bass down and ran over to the others. Paramedics from the pit had already rushed out and, from what I could see through the crowd of people crowding around him, was lifting sebastian onto a stretcher.

I grabbed Snake as they began carrying him off stage, he pulled me along, desperate to get out of view of the audience.

"What happened?!"

"He got hit with a bottle"

Scotti appeared next to us

"Oh god, I think he was unconscious. There was so much blood" he said, shaking. I squeezed his arm at an attempt at comfort. A roadie came over and gave us towels as we stood around twiddling our thumbs, unsure of what to do or where they took sebastian.

Finally a blonde girl, one of our manager Eric's assistants, came jogging over to us.

"You three, come with me" We followed her into the dressing room area where Rob was with a few other members of our road crew

"Is Sebastian okay?" I'm the first to ask. The desperation in my voice surprises even me and I feel my face redden, hopping no one else heard it.

"They're taking him to the hospital" The blonde says. I feel my chest squeeze and I hug myself. I sit down before I fall over, all the worst case scenarios running through my head. Rob patted my shoulder.

A few minutes later Eric appeared, his face hard as stone.

"Sebastian is going to be fine" he says before anyone can ask just that. I feel a swelling in my gut and dropped my head into my hands.

"He has a concussion and a few stitches but he's out of the woods, they're on their way to the hospital now"

"We have to tell the crowd the show is over" Snake mumbles. Eric nods in agreement.

"Do we have to go back out there?" I'm still shaking, there's a pit in my stomach I can't get rid of and every thought in my head is related to sebastian. Eric looks at me with a sense of pity and confusion.

"You should all go out there, Snake you should talk" Snake nods. Rob pats my leg as he stands and I have to force myself up.

We step out back onto the stage, the crowd cheers again. I'm staring at my feet the whole time. Eric is there with us, I feel him eyeing me the whole time as Snake takes the microphone. He explains the situation to the crowd, resulting in a swell of boos and concerned noises.

"-but we promise to come back and play for you once Sebastian is better. Again we're sorry and thank you Toronto goodnight"

"Can we go see him?" I ask Eric as soon as we're off stage.

"Yeah sure, I'll have one of the vans take you guys over"

************************

An hour later it was just Snake and I left in Sebastians hospital room. The other guys left to get some sleep as Sebastian hadn't woken up since we's been there. Apparently they blasted him with painkillers that knocked him on his ass. He had a large bandage covering his stitches above his eyebrow on his hairline and a black and blue bruise that was starting to form crept down his face.