Whoops, We Lost Hazel

Let me start by saying Hazel is one of my all-time favortie characters, and that who ever drew this picture is simply amaZhang. Anyway, I do not own any or the art or characters that appear in this fanfic! If there are any typos or mistakes please let me know! I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I did!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Will POV

That day, a few hours after school let out, the ground began to shake. Will and his friends were at a park, and had steadied themselves on trees and benches. 

“That’s the third one this week, and it’s Wednesday,” Frank said, helping up Hazel, who had fallen.

“It’s really confusing, I’ve been watching the news, and apparently there are no fault lines near us that could cause an earthquake,” Annabeth said, sitting down on a bench with Percy.

“There are rumors that it’s the sea monster,” Leo said wiggling his eyebrows mischievously.

“And how exactly would he do that?” Piper said, rolling her eyes at Leo.

“Hey, I don’t make the rumors, I just tell them,” Leo said, raising his arms.

“Anyway,” Will said, drawing out his voice, “We should get going soon. Sunset starts in a few minutes.”

He was very excited to see if his plan would work. He knew that on the outside, some people would think it was dumb, but Will had a feeling in his gut that it would work. He walked confidently over to the docks, just as the sun began sinking into the horizon. 

“Are you sure this is going to work Will?” Cecil asked unsurely. 

“I don’t know, but we can try,” He said sitting at the edge of the docks.

“So…” Leo started, “How does this work?”

“I guess we just talk?” Jason suggested, but it sounded more like a question.

“That works,” Percy said.

“Okay…” Will started, wracking his brain for how to approach a deadly monster that eats people for dinner. “So, I’m Will. What’s your name?”

Silence. 

“Okay, not in a talkative mood? That’s fine, because I can talk for the both of us,” Will compromised. 

His friends looked at him strangely but said nothing. 

“So, I’m fifteen years old. I have two siblings, and my favorite color is yellow,” Will heard a few  passerbys whisper and look at him. But he really didn’t care. “I love dogs, they're really cute. My favorite food is chicken. I volunteer at the hospital in my town.”

For some reason, Will found himself enjoying his rather one-sided conversation. He didn’t feel like he was talking to no one. He felt as if someone was listening to him. 

“I guess I would like to get to know you. I don’t know your name and feel kind of weird calling you sea monster. How about Kevin? You seem like a Kevin. I hope you don’t mind me calling you Kevin.”

His friends were now looking at him as if he'd lost his marbles. 

“So, Kevin, since I’m not dead I’m going to guess that we’re friends. Okay? Okay,” Will took in a deep breath. “I know you have the whole “eat people every night thing” but I was wondering if you could maybe take a break? I can give you some of my mom’s chicken if you like?”

“Will, I don’t think anyone’s going to answer you, let’s go,” Lou Ellen said, putting a hand on his shoulder. 

“Wait, I just, let me say something? Please?” Will pleaded. Lou Ellen sighed, but nodded. “If you were listening to me, give me a sign? Please?”

Will waited patiently and sighed in defeat when nothing happened. He was about to tell them it was time to go when he heard a shriek coming from behind him. 

He looked around to see Hazel holding onto Frank's arm desperately while a wet, black tentacle was wrapped around her ankle. 

“Help me!” She cried. 

Everyone pulled on Frank and tried to get her away from Kevin. At least Will assumed it was Kevin. 

Everyone pulled, but in the blink of an eye, she disappeared underneath the murky water of the sea. 

“That’s not what I meant.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is it bad to laugh at your own writing? Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter!