All My Fault

I'm sorry it took so long to update! But here's this chapter and I hope you like it! Also, I want to thank you guy for almost 4k views! I don't own any characters that are in this fanfic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Will POV

Ok, maybe Will really was an idiot. Almost every part of him was aching and definitely bruised, and he literally just told a very powerful being to kill him. And yes, that most definitely wasn’t one of the smartest decisions he’s ever made, but he felt so sure of himself. He trusted Nico. He didn’t really know why, but he did.

And now he was putting his life on the line once again by hugging the person in front of him. He winced as his injuries ached but that was the last thing on his mind. He kept thinking about what Nico had said.

Why wasn’t he scared of Nico? But, in all honesty, he was terrified right now. Terrified he was about to get his head bitten, terrified Nico would react badly to being hugged, terrified he’d die from his injuries. So if he was so scared, why was he here?

Maybe it was a feeling in his gut, maybe it was instinct, maybe it was something else that he didn’t know. But right now, at this moment, he wasn’t thinking about his own health. He wasn’t thinking about his problems.

All of his focus was on the broken, deep brown eyes looking at him, the way Nico’s body shivered and flinched at the touch, the way his lip trembled as though he were holding back tears.

“It’s ok,” Will said, his voice sore and scratchy. He held Nico close, hugging him tighter.

“No, it’s not,” Nico said, his voice shaking, his eyes glassed over. “Will it’s all my fault.”

The boy’s voice was so quiet and broken the blonde almost missed it. “I told you it’s not your fault. That wasn’t you, alright? You couldn’t control-”

“No!” Nico yelled. “It is my fault! Bia...I should have died with her, with them!”

“Who?”

“B-Bianca. My sister. They all died that night and it’s all my fault,” Nico whimpered.

“Do...do you want to talk about it?” Will asked.

Nico said nothing. He just stood up and swam over to the darkest corner of the cave. Will sighed in defeat. But if Nico didn’t want to say anything then he didn’t have-

“Come over here,” Nico said. Will swam over to where the boy was, seeing he was holding a silver ring with a skull on top and rubies as eyes. “My family gave this to me for my tenth birthday,” Nico said fondly.

He let out a breath, and pressed the rubies on the skull. Soon, a light projected from the ring, showing what looked like a family portrait. Will took a close look at the little boy in the man’s lap.

“Is that you?” Will said, quietly.

“Yes,” Nico said quickly. He then pointed to the man and woman in the picture. “That’s my papa, and that’s my mama. And that,” he paused, his eyes foggy and glazed over. “That’s my sister, Bianca.”

Will looked at the people. Young Nico looked so different from the person standing in front of him, but you could tell they were the same person. He looked most like his father, with paler skin, though young Nico’s skin had an olive tint to it, making him look much more lively. The woman was beautiful, she had darker olive skin like her daughter, as well as the same black flowing hair and freckles. Though, she and Nico shared the same eyes and smile. The little girl, Bianca, looked almost like the spitting image of her mother.

“They died a few days after I was given this ring,” Nico said. “They were all killed by monsters. I had to watch. They tried to kill me, but they couldn’t. So I was cursed instead.”

“And that’s how you became…?” Nico nodded solemnly. “Do you know why they died?”

“It’s...it’s because I was born,” Nico explained.

“Wait, why would that matter?” Will asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

“Here’s a big rule in the monster world. Never ever crossbreed. But of course, someone is always there to break the rules. Those people were my parents,” Nico said, looking at the picture, his eyes wondering. “My mama, she was a witch, and my papa was a vampire. They got married in secret and then had Bianca. Luckily, she was born a witch, so everything was good,” Nico’s eyes started watering. “Then I was born.”

“What happened?” Will asked, trying to make his tone soft.

“I was born half and half. I had the powers of both a witch and a vampire, which made me very powerful, which, in turn, made my scent to other monsters insanely strong. Nothing bad happened until I turned ten. That’s when my powers started, and that’s when they found out.”

“Who’s ‘they’?”

“The rest of the monsters. From werewolves, to sirens, and of course watches and vampires. My parents were mauled, and my sister was burned. I-I saw it all happen. And I couldn’t do anything to stop it…” The boy’s voice was barely above a whisper. “See? It’s all my fault.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you again for all the views, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm sorry again for the long wait, but I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Also, happy pride everybody!  🏳️‍🌈❤