The Monster's Cave Part One

Okay, so while I was writing this chapter I noticed it was, like, twice as long as my regualr chapters. So I split it in two! Anyway, I don't own any of the art or characters in this fanfic, please let me know if there are typos or mistakes, and, as always, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Will POV

Will and the others swam for a solid thirty minutes before Reyna found the cave several miles away from the docks.

They really should've used a boat.

Anyway, when they made it to just a few miles outside of the cave, Will and the others stole glances at each other. When they went in there, they were either going to save Hazel, or die. Or some weird third alternative that always happens in books and movies.

Unfortunately, the group of friends had forgotten about getting a way to communicate with one another. So they had to try and speak based on the expressions they saw from someone else's scuba helmet.

Eventually, they all swam into the cave as silently as they could. Will led the way, and just enough light got in through the cave so it wasn't completely dark.

When they were all inside Will took a moment to look around. Bones scattered across the floor, all seemingly licked clean. The walls of the cave had cracks and dents, as if someone had a ram run into it, over and over again. A few rocks stood on the floor amongst all the bones. There were some crabs, snails, and teeny tiny fish that roamed around the dark crevices of the room.

And if Will listened carefully, he could hear the deep snoring of something that most definitely wasn't Hazel.

He was pointing out more scary and just depressing things around the room to himself, when he felt something nudge his foot. He nearly jumped out of his own skin. He slowly and carefully looked down to see a giant black tentacle squirming around his feet. Will almost screamed.

He was scared, but he then took a better look around the cave. All over the floor, Will counted at least a dozen tentacles lying on the floor. Some of them moved just the tiniest bit, but even that would cause clouds to form out of sand. Taking a closer look, he also realized that every time a black tentacle would move, all the sea life would scuttle or swim as far away from it as possible.

With a lump in his throat, he nudged his friends, getting their attention. He then pointed to the tentacle. As they all came to the same conclusion as Will, their faces turned white as paper. Even Annabeth, Reyna and Thalia looked nervous.

Will then decided to look at all the tentacles, following them back to it's source. When he reached them, he took in a sharp breath. There, laying down on a rock bed, was a boy. He looked about fourteen or fifteen. All the tentacles in the room trailed back to him, connecting to him at his waist line.

His top half was shirtless, showing he was skinny, but well built. If you looked past the octopus legs, and tinted red fangs that showed every time he opened his mouth, he was stunningly beautiful.

His skin was pale as ivory, having a tint of olive to it, making it look more natural. His hair was long, black and feathery, floating up and down in the water. His eyebrows were perfectly arched above his eyes, which held dark and full eyelashes. Since the boy was sleeping, Will couldn't see his eye color. Will saw the boy's perfect button nose and cheeks were rosy red, and his lips were full and looked to be in a permanent pout as he snored.

Will felt himself blush through his helmet, and was glad it was too dark for anyone to see.

He once again nudged his friends, gesturing for them to look at the boy who Will assumed was their "sea monster". Most of them stared in either fear, amazement, curiosity, or a weird combination of the three.

Will went deep into thought. If you gave this boy normal legs, he would be smaller than most of the people in his friends group. So how did he manage to eat so much in one sitting?

Will contemplated this until he heard a voice yanking him away from his train of thought.

"Who- Frank? Guys! Oh my god! I'm over here!" said a voice he recognized as Hazel.

Will, and the rest of his friends snapped their heads to the directions of the voice, only to see Hazel standing in what looked like a giant air bubble. Her eyes were watery and her cheeks looked tear stained as if she'd been crying. Throughout this, he wondered why he could hear Hazel so clearly, but right now, that was the least of his worries.

Frank looked like he wanted to run over to Hazel, and give her one of his famous bear hugs, but he restrained himself.

Will looked over to the boy, who was still sleeping soundly. He pointed at him looking at Hazel.

She seemed to realize what he was asking. "Him? Oh yes, he's the, er, he's Kevin," she said making her voice quieter. "I actually don't know his name. But I knew you guys would come rescue me!"

Will laughed, he admired Hazel's bravery. He was certainly relieved she wasn't dead yet. Which reminded him...

He thought of a way to ask his question, and dreadfully found one. He reached down, picking up one of the bones, trying not to vomit. He gestured from Hazel back to the bone, with a questioning face.

"I'm going to guess you're asking why he hasn't eaten me yet," she said. Will nodded. "Well, he said he wasn't going to eat me. But use me for something else. I don't really know, just please get me out of here!"

She was on the verge of tears. Will nodded frantically as he gestured for the rest to go and help Hazel.

But then they froze in their tracks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cliff hangers, there the worst, right? Anyway I hope you enjoyes this chapter, thanks for reading!