Inner Demons

I'm back! Ya miss me? No? Anyway, he's chapter 24, and sorry about the wait, I had bit of writer's block. I don't own any of the characters, or fanart that appears in this books, and I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nico POV

Nico tried to hold back tears as he heard the door close and Will disappear behind it. He'd scared him away, hadn't he? Will probably got sick of Nico. That or he got scared.

Nico growled in frustration. He should have never thought he'd be capable of making friends. Why would anyone ever want to be around a creature like him? Will was probably just waiting for his chance to escape.

Nico would never make friends. He would always be alone.

Always.

Nico's sadness and disappointment soon turned to anger. How could he be so stupid?! To think that maybe he'd be able to be somewhat normal...to be able to have a friend...

Out of a fit of rage, Nico kicked a wall and watchted cracks grow and the walls shake. It was...satisfying.

"Stupid, stupid, STUPID!" Nico yelled as he kicked and punched other items around the house, with no regard for what he was doing. He barely remembered where he was, and hardly registered what he was even breaking.

All he knew was that by the time he'd stopped, the room was in ruins. He'd demolished the couch, shattered glass and wood from who-knows-what was everywhere, and everything was broken.

It was then he noticed he was still crying, that he felt as if he had this empty void inside him he was trying to fill, a need, a want, a hunger.

Every sound turned muted at that moment. Nico's eyes flashed to look outside the window of the house, and there, just walking around the streets, people. Humans. Fresh meat.

Nico's mouth watered and he licked his lips, his stomach growled loudly as his eyes turned blood red. His fangs grew as well as his claws. All of his sensible thoughts were pushed into his subconscious as he smelled that delicious aroma that had caused him so much pain, so much suffering.

Faster than humanly possible, Nico had run outside, his inner demons taking over him. He found an isolated alleyway where some random teenagers were smoking, and laughing obnoxiously. There were three of them all buff, and looked like your typical douchebag. Very muscled, very dumb, very unexpecting.

Perfect.

No one was around, so no one would see him. The monster inside of him chuckled darkly as he walked into the alley, his footsteps loud and creating an ominous echo.

It didn't take long for the teens to notice him, and maybe they were dumb and blind, as they didn't seem to see Nico's glowing red eyes.

"Who the hell are you?" one of the boys laughed cockily. Like he thought Nico wasn't a threat.

Idiot.

Nico decided not to answer him and just stared, analyzing which parts of the boy's body would be best to eat first. Which would kill him the quickest.

"What are you, deaf? Get out of here you freak," the second boy said, spitting at the ground near Nico's feet.

And just like that, Nico snapped at them, leaping onto the biggest one first, and sticking his fangs in his neck, draining the boy of his blood. It was so good, so filling, and he wanted more.

The other boys were apparently stunned and in shock, so the second one barely had time to scream before Nico ran to him and sucked him dry. The last boy had apparently come to his senses and started backing away slowly.

"I-I won't tell anyone! I'm good at keeping promises, I swear!" The boy pleaded, tears streaming down his cheeks. "J-Just let me live!"

Nico just tsked, shaking his head, an insane smile playing on his lips. The boy, with nothing but utter fear in his eyes, attempted to run away, but Nico was faster. He grabbed the boy, and repeated what he did with the last two, effectively killing him.

He then got rid of the evidence, and you can use your imagination to decide how he did so.

His monster started fading away, his eyes going normal, as well as his claws and fangs retracting. He felt like he was given back his consciousness as he looked around the empty alleyway in confusion. How had he ended up here? All that was there were garbage bins, trash, and a pack of cigarettes on the floor, some still burning.

It didn't take long for Nico to figure out what had happened, to regular humans, it might not have been so obvious, but for Nico, it was like adding one plus one.

Tears already started streaming down his face as he backed up until he hit a brick wall, as if he was trying to get away from himself. He slid his back down along the wall, until he was sitting down. His sobs were quiet, but held so much heartache, so much pain and self hate, that if you ever heard them in real life, you'd feel like you were shattered glass. He buried his head in his knees, and cried. It almost felt like an instinct at this point, and he wondered if he'd ever run out of tears.

No wonder Will had left, or why the others always looked uncomfortable or nervous around him. He was a monster, a monster who couldn't control his inner demons. They had every right to hate him, to be disgusted by him.

He shakily got to his feet and did a poor job at wiping his tears away. He made a mad dash for the ocean, so quick no human would've been able to see him. He turned back into his hideous self and retreated back to his cave as he carried the weight of knowing there would soon be news of three new missing person cases.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading this chapter, and I hope you enjoyed! I'm also in the process of starting another fanfic, and I want your guy's imput! So the choices are:

1. Solangelo Mermaid AU (Where either Will or Nico is a mermaid and the other is a human)
2. Domestic Solangelo (Like if Solangelo grew up and adopted a kid, it's a lot more interesting than you might think!)
3. Solangelo Highschool AU (Exactly what it sounds like)

I hope one of these might be something you're interested in, if not, I'm always open to suggestions! Thanks again for reading, and I hope you liked this chapter! <3