The Monster's Cave Part Two

Yay! Part two! Fair warning, this goes straight from that last chapter. I would suggest re-reading part one if you haven't read it in a while. Anyway, I don't own on of the characters or art, if there are any typos or mistakes please let me know! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Will's POV

Why?

Because from the area the boy/octopus was sleeping they heard him make a noise between a groan and a whimper.

Everyone turned around to see him shift.

“No, no, no…” the boy muttered. No one dared to move.

And because everyone was so focused on the monster, they didn’t notice his tentacles making their way to grab on to anything they could. Including a terrified group of humans.

Suddenly, the monster let loose a guttural scream, sending all of the hidden sea life in the cave out as fast as they could. All of his tentacles sprung up in the air, grasping onto anything they could with a firm grip.

Will screamed inside his helmet watching the inky blackness twirl itself around Will’s body, squeezing him. He knew that if the same thing was happening to his friends, then the oxygen tanks would burst, and they’d all drown. You know, if they weren’t crushed to death first.

“Frank! Percy! Leo! I-I don’t know what’s happening! J-just relax! Maybe he’ll let go?!” Hazel screamed. Her voice sounded pleading and desperate.

“MAMA! NO!” The boy yelled, still seemingly asleep. He let loose another scream, his free tentacles smashing everything in it’s wake.

It hit the cave walls, which cracked. Will felt everything around him shake violently.

His elbows were pressing up against his ribcage, his friends in a similar state. Though Annabeth had somehow gotten her arms free, and she was frantically loading her gun, not making much progress because the tentacle kept squeezing her tighter, knocking the air out of her.

Will breathed frantically. He felt as if his lungs were closing up.

“LET GO!” the boy cried once more. His tentacles swinging violently, with newfound energy. Hazel barely missed being hit by one, moving her bubble away like how a hamster would move their hamster ball. “BIANCA!”

Will realized that the boy was crying helplessly. Tears streaming down his face. His eyes were sealed shut, as if he was lost in his own world inside his head.

Snap.

Will felt one of his ribs break. He screamed in pain. He barely heard the others yell similarly. Black and yellow dots danced in his vision. The tentacle was now simply squeezing life out of Will.

Crunch.

There goes his leg.

Pop.

Dislocated shoulder, how nice.

His vision became blurry as he drifted over the edge of consciousness. He somehow held on. He heard Hazel shouting words, and her crying, but it was all muted.

Then, the monster let out one last blood curdling scream. It was enough to snap Will back so the dots in his eyes lessened by about half. What also helped was the tentacle around him loosened significantly.

This led Will to believe that the boy had woken up. He looked around the room to see Hazel crying non stop in her bubble, his friends looked like they had also broken a rib or two. But the important thing was that they were all still conscious.

Reluctantly, he looked over to see that the boy had snapped up from his sleep. He sat up straight and his chest heaved up and down. His eyes were wide and unfocused,

His eyes…

Now that Will could see them, he saw that they were black as obsidian, you could barely tell the pupils from the iris. They were also broken, like glass, all hope lost, never even thinking of ever getting fixed.

Just as Will realized he was staring, the boy’s eyes steadied, and then, as if taking in his surroundings, they glowed a furious red.  His fangs elongated and his nails seemed to sharpen themselves.  His mouth morphed into a sneer.

And then, just as quickly as they were let go, the tentacles grabbed them again, squeezing just as hard as before. Will’s body ached in pain.

Will has never been this scared before. He was this close to dying and he didn’t even get to say goodbye to his family. Now he may never see them again.

He watched, terrified as the monster’s red eyes blazed even brighter as rage seared in his eyes. Then, at the top of his lungs he yelled, “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading part two! I hope you guys liked it and thanks for reading!