7 - REJECTION

"He can't get married. No way, he's getting married. Ugh! This is so confusing...why do I care? It's his life, he can get married to whoever he wants...but why does it hurt...?"

☘︎︎☯︎︎꧁꧂☯︎︎☘︎︎

"Yes, Tzuyu? I heard you wanted to have a talk. What is it?", Lisa asked with a smile.

"I wanted to say that...I can't marry Jungkook.", Tzuyu nervously said while looking down.

"What?!", Mrs. Kim almost yelled as she barged into the room.

"I can't marry Jungkook. His mother left him late at night and never came back. As for his father, he was an alcoholic. Nobody knows who he was and what he looked like. I don't want my future kids to get hurt by hearing this from other people!", Tzuyu said with a little more confidence as she remembered that she wasn't doing it only for herself but also for Jungkook.

"What nonsense! You look so kind and innocent. I never thought you'd ever say this!", Lisa yelled.

"I'm sorry, but I can't marry someone who's background is unknown and rumored with bad stuff.", Tzuyu said, her gaze on the floor.

"Get out! You're fired along with your father!", Mrs. Kim said angrily.

"I'm sorry, again. Forgive me.", Tzuyu said with a bow and then left.

"I'll be back.", Lisa said and made her way to the servant quarter.

"Jungkook? Are you in there?", Lisa said with a knock on the door.

The door opened and there stood Jungkook.

"Jungkook, I have a question."

"Yes? What is it?"

"You may have heard the news about your wedding. Did you want that marriage?", Lisa asked. "Be honest."

"I-...I didn't...", Jungkook said, his gaze falling down on the floor.

Lisa let out a relieved sigh.

"Okay. Good news. Tzuyu said she didn't want this marriage, either. Though, she's fired along with her father because of the reason she used as the rejection."

"Oh...", Jungkook let out.

☘︎︎☯︎︎꧁꧂☯︎︎☘︎︎

Taehyung was laying on his bed as he tried to sleep since it was already about 4:00 am.

Though, he couldn't sleep. His mind was filled with Jungkook.

Whatever he thought of, it brought him back to Jungkook.

At this point, he wanted to cry.

He quickly got out of bed and grabbed an already lit-up candle, his feet taking him quietly to the servant quarter.

When he reached the certain person's room, he checked if the door was unlocked instead of knocking.

Surprisingly, the door was not locked, making Taehyung open the door and closing it after entering the room.

He set the candle down on the side-table next to the bed.

Looking over to the bed, Taehyung saw Jungkook sleeping peacefully with a little pout formed on his lips.

Taehyung sat down on the bed and let his hand down towards Jungkook's right cheek.

"You're here - sleeping peacefully after taking away my sleep.", Taehyung whispered.

Jungkook slowly opened his eyes and screamed.

Soon, footsteps were heard which made Taehyung hide under the bed.

"Jungkook! Are you okay?", Jisoo asked with a panicked voice as she barged into the room.

"Y-Yes, I'm fine. I saw a c-cockroach but I killed it.", Jungkook said.

"You're never scared of cockroaches, though."

"Well, I felt something crawling on my hand so I checked and screamed when I suddenly saw a cockroach. Though, it's dead now. Sorry for disturbing you."

"Okay. Goodnight."

Jisoo left the room after turning off the light and Jungkook ran up to lock it, checking it twice.

He turned around and saw Taehyung walking towards him.

Jungkook felt tears in his eyes again.

"I-I'm sorry-"

Before Jungkook could finish talking, Taehyung brought his index finger to the younger's lips.

"Shh...I'm sorry I was avoiding you. I shouldn't have done that. I just needed time because I was so confused about everything.", Taehyung almost whispered. "I didn't think it would've taken me weeks to realize that I like you from the day I saw you."

Jungkook was silent.

Taehyung couldn't take his silence anymore and leaned down to connect their lips. He stayed like that for a few seconds before leaning back.

Jungkook just looked at Taehyung as the older avoided his gaze. He grabbed Taehyung by his neck and connected their lips again.

Taehyung was caught off guard by the sudden action but soon closed his eyes - kissing the younger back.

His hands traveled to the younger's waist as Jungkook pulled Taehyung closer by the older's neck.

The kiss was gentle, no tongue involved.

Both boys felt butterflies in their stomach, feeling addicted to each other's lips already. They tried to make the kiss last longer but couldn't since they needed oxygen.

They both let out a small gasp as they broke the kiss.

"Taehyung. It's too early for us to fall in love with each other. We've never spent time together. We should spend more time together to confirm if we really like each other and that it's not just our hormones messing with us. I don't want you or me to get heartbroken.", Jungkook said as he looked down, his hands still around the older's neck.

Taehyung pulled Jungkook closer by the younger's waist. "It's fine. I can wait.", he said with a smile.

Jungkook looked up with a smile. "Thank you. Now, you should leave.", he said, removing his hands from around the older's neck.

"No, I'm staying here. I want cuddles.", Taehyung said with his hands still around the younger's waist.

Jungkook chuckled. "We could get in trouble.", he said.

"It's just for tonight. I'll go back early in the morning.", Taehyung said.

"It's already 4:00 am."

"I don't care. I'm sleepy, now.", Taehyung said with a pout.

"Okay, fine."

Taehyung smiled and leaned down to peck Jungkook's cheek instead of his lips so the younger doesn't feel uncomfortable, making the younger smile.

Both boys laid on the bed and cuddled together after saying their 'Goodnight's.

☘︎︎☯︎︎꧁꧂☯︎︎☘︎︎