betrayal

chaewon hurriedly rushed in the lounge to find sooyoung sitting on the couch reading a magazine. it was late at night, so no one else was in the lounge, lucky for chaewon. no one needed to know their business.

chaewon walked up to sooyoung and closed her magazine.

"we need to talk."

sooyoung shifted over gesturing chaewon to sit next to her. the latter sat, but kept her distance. 

"hi baby. is everything okay?" sooyoung asked while stroking chaewon's hair.

chaewon gently took sooyoung's hand and set it out. "i don't know if i want to keep doing this whole... thing... anymore."

sooyoung was taken aback. she was silent for a moment before asking,

"did i do something wrong? i promise i can make it up to you!"

"that's the thing. YOU didn't do anything wrong... i-it's me." chaewon sighed she blinked back tears.

"w-what are you talking about?" sooyoung was extremely confused at this point. does chaewon not love her anymore?

chaewon sighed as what she was about to say next would ruin multiple relationships. 

"i-i... i already have a girlfriend."

sooyoung quietly gasped as she tried to process what chaewon said.

"n-not just you as my girlfriend, i mean a-another one... she goes to this school t-too." chaewon nervously spurt out.

"i-i'm confused... i thought i was your true love..." sooyoung tried to process what chaewon told her. was she really cheating on her? she thought they were happy...

chaewon once again blinked back her tears. she didn't want to seem like the victim in this situation.

"sooyoung... i really do like you... you're an amazing person." chaewon sighed. "but i'm already in love with someone else. i really am sorry." 

"i refuse to believe this..." sooyoung scoffed. "you made me think that we were gonna spend the rest of our lives together... that we were gonna get married , adopt children, and be grandmothers some day! i know it's a lot to think about when we're just in college, but i was sure i found my dream girl!" sooyoung let the tears come out. "i guess i was wrong."

at this point, chaewon couldn't hold back the tears anymore. she felt guilty for not loving sooyoung the same way she loved hyejoo, but what could she do? it was better telling sooyoung that things were over before things escalated even more than it already did.

"i'm sorry... i really am sorry, sooyoung! hyejoo and i just really get along and--"

"STOP!" sooyoung shouted. if people were in the lounge, they would definitely be staring.

chaewon was taken aback. sooyoung had never yelled at her, not once. 

"sooyoung i--"

"save it, chaewon. i've already heard enough." sooyoung wiped her tears before there was an awkward silence between the two...

after a few moments, sooyoung silently muttered out. 

"does she know..."

chaewon looked up at her. 

"does the girl...hyejoo... know about us..." a tear fell out of sooyoung's eye.

chaewon didn't reply. she was too ashamed to say anything.

judging from her response, sooyoung knew the answer. she knew exactly what to do next. sooyoung didn't know hyejoo, but she didn't deserve to be another victim of chaewon's betrayal.  

"ridiculous. i can't believe you've been lying to two people this whole time. i'm gonna tell her right now." sooyoung got up and started walking to chaewon's door room.

"sooyoung wait! please!" chaewon cried out and grabbed her arm. "please don't tell her! it'll ruin her!"

"maybe you should have thought about that before you lied to both of us then." sooyoung glared at chaewon. "now get your hand away from my arm."

just then, they heard a soft voice call out. 

"chaewon...?" 

in front of her, chaewon was met with hyejoo and a concerned look on her face. she was completely frozen.

"hyejoo! i-i-"

"is everything okay?" she calmly asked. the whole ordeal looks incredibly suspicious, but she did not want to jump to conclusions.

"no! everything is fi-" 

"DON'T EVEN TRY IT!" chaewon was cut off with an angry sooyoung, which startled her and hyejoo. 

sooyoung and chaewon exchanged angry glances before a desperate chaewon muttered out "please sooyoung..."

hyejoo started to panic on the inside. what was going on? why was sooyoung so angry with chaewon? why were they both crying? what does sooyoung so eagerly want to tell me?

sooyoung evilly smirked at chaewon before turning to hyejoo.

"your little "girlfriend" here isn't who you think she is. while you two were dating, she  has been sneaking around behind your back seeing me."

hyejoo's heart dropped to the floor. this was the last thing she wanted to hear about her girlfriend.

there was a long silence between the three before hyejoo looked at chaewon. 

"is this true...?" she said with a trembling voice. chaewon's heart broke into pieces when she saw how upset hyejoo was. 

chaewon tried her best to fight back the tears. she knew what she would say next will ruin the best thing that has ever happened to her. 

"yes..."

at that moment, hyejoo's heart broke into pieces. she felt her world break like a smashed light. she could feel the weight of the tension in the room fall to her knees. overall, she felt...

broken.

--