Nine

{if no one told you yet today, smile, you look cute when you do so.}

Casey

It's been about two months since I've spoken to Jack. I started socialising less, when I found out Lily and Jack started dating. It was literally a slap to my face. He didn't give a fuck and that hurt the most, because he knew every little detail about my life.

My life has been going downhill ever since, my grades were dropping, I cared less about my appearance and my mom has been awfully sick lately.

And about Sam... He tried to talk to me sometimes, but I wouldn't give anyone time. Not even Sam. As thankful as I am of him, I couldn't handle talking to anyone. Especially after I've lost the most important person in my life. It was like Lily brainwashed Jack.

"Is everything okay, Casey?" Mrs. Muller asked me as she was standing in front of my desk. "Yeah," I whispered as I tried to hide myself even more for Jack and Lily who happened to sit in front of me. Muller gave me a weird look and took a glance at Jack before nodding her head and walking back to her desk.

"Alright, today you guys will have to make a task by two, I'm choosing the partners." Muller announced as she winked at me. Please don't tell me she's doing what I think she's doing.

"Gilinsky and Wilson, you guys are a group." Awesome, she did exactly what I thought she was doing. "Miss, I'm sorry I really can't work with Jack," It felt weird saying his name out loud, I haven't mentioned him for two months. "I'm sorry, Casey, chosen is chosen." Mrs. Muller shrugged and continued assigning partners.

"So, let's do this-"

"No," I interrupted him as I grabbed the paper from Mrs. Muller's hand who was handing out the tasks. I started to fill in the questions by myself as Jack was staring at me. "Let me help you," He offered, pulling his chair closer. "Are you fucking dumb?" I asked, dropping my pen on the paper. "What do you mean?" Jack played dumb, even crooking a smile. "I'm slowly breaking into a million pieces and you're going to act as if everything's okay?" I questioned him as I tried to keep my cool. My question had shut him up and he started playing with the end of his shirt.

"Casey, I-" Jack tried to explain, but I had cut him off again. "No Jack, shut your fucking mouth." I hissed and continued to fill in the paper so I could get this over with.

Jack

Casey makes me feel like an absolute dick. Maybe I am a dick, yes. But there was something about Lily that I didn't want to let go. I would've dated Casey if she didn't kept me stuck in the friendzone. All those times I took Casey on fancy dinners were all meant to be dates, but she didn't catch the hints.

Next class was a pain in the ass, English. I hated this class, because we usually have to write an essay, read a book or answer stupid personal questions.

"Sit down, class." Mr. Ronald waited until the class was mute. "Alright, today I will give you guys a question and pick a random person to answer it orally, then you will all have to write an essay about that one question, due to next week tuesday." Mr. Ronald explained as he was looking through the class for someone to answer this question.

"Casey," Mr. Ronald pointed at Case who was somewhere else with her thoughts. She seemed so exhausted, physically and mentally. "Casey, if you had to describe your father in one sentence, what would it be and why?" Mr. Ronald asked without any problems.

I've known Casey long enough to know she has never known her father. She never had a fatherly figure in her life, so one day I told her she could treat my dad as her dad because I felt bad. I watched as Casey struggled with words, looking for the right thing to say.

"Excuse me, teacher," I spoke up, not wanting Casey to start crying in the middle of the class, she'd hate herself. "Can you please ask someone else that question or pick another subject?" I asked, trying to make it clear that Casey wasn't comfortable with answering that question in public. Mr. Ronald gave me a look, before shrugging it off and picking the next person to answer.

I somehow hoped she'd turn around and thank me, but instead she kept her eyes on her notebook, thinking about god knows what.

"That was a good example, Jimmy, now students start writing your essay!"

{lalalalalala, this story sucks ass but thank you for keeping up with me}