Thirteen

Sam

"I tried but I fucked up, okay. She didn't want to come over to my place." I yelled at the girl that was standing across from me. "She's so stubborn." I added, mumbling that part. "You need to be more smooth then, either way, our plan is unfinished and we need to complete it as soon as possible." Lily demanded and left me standing by myself. I should've never participated in this, but I couldn't back away now, it's too late.

I had to win Casey's heart in less than a week or I'm boned, for real this time. How that was gonna happen is still a huge question mark, but it will happen.

Two hours later, I found myself pacing around my room. I had to think quick, I had to get this over with. Suddenly, an idea jumped to my mind. What if I planned a date to apologise for the stupid words that came out of my mouth earlier? Perfect, I'm a genius.

I was going to surprise her tomorrow and show up at her doorstep with flowers and force her to come on this date with me. I'm the best at these things.

Jack

My life was going pretty well lately, I had a wonderful girlfriend, great friends and my grades in school were decent, at least they were for me. My parents thought otherwise, they expect straight A's. Even though all of that was good, I was missing something in my life. Something that'd make everything complete. I just couldn't put my finger on what was missing.

"Hi baby," Lily seated herself on my lap and wrapped her arms around my neck. "Hey, where were you?" I asked, noticing she was a little bit late. "I'm sorry, I was just catching up with a friend of mine. Are we leaving?" Lily changed subjects and got off my lap as she pointed at my car. Nodding, I unlocked my Range Rover and entered the driver's seat.

"Have you heard what happened to Casey's mom? It's terrible." I started a conversation, not wanting to go through this car ride in silence. Even though Lily was a wonderful girl, I wasn't as comfortable with her as I was with Casey. I'm almost not myself when I'm with Lily. "Yeah, it's bad." Lily answered, but seemed a bit annoyed. I shrugged it off and turned on the radio, looking for something fun to listen to.

As soon as we arrived at my place, Lily walked ahead and unlocked the door with the key I had given her. She made her way into the kitchen to grab herself a drink probably. "What's up with you?" I asked, noticing her nervousness. "Nothing," She replied too quickly. "I'm just not feeling too well." She added, relaxing a bit. "When was the last time you talked to Casey?" Lily asked, changing subjects again. "Uh, yesterday. I went to see how she was doing since she didn't come to school for a week." I explained, finding it a weird question for Lily to ask.

"Why do you care so much about her?" Lily asked afterwards, surprising me. "Lily, she lost her mother, what has gotten into you?" I asked, feeling even more uncomfortable. "Nothing, it's nothing." Lily made her way into the living room, but I was too confused to even move right now.

{i'll try to make my chapters longer, but this one had to end here.}