Eighteen

Jack

"I think this all is just strange," I complained, not believing a word Lily's saying. "Sam and I are best friends, he has a key to my apartment. I had no idea he would bring Casey home and fuck her in my bed." She explained for the third time, sounding really innocent. A part of me didn't want to believe her, but another part of me gave in and let the subject die off.

"You shouldn't care anyways," Lily mumbled smoothly, although I heard her loud and clear.

We were about to leave on a school trip that would last the day. I dropped our bags in the backseat of my car and started the engine as I was waiting for Lily to enter the car. Once she did, I drove off into the school's direction.

"I'll be calling off your names, please give me a sign if you're here." Mrs. Valentine yelled as she grabbed a clipboard and started to call off names.

"Jack Gilinsky," I raised my arm, so she could see I was present. She kept calling off names, until she yelled out one name, that caught my attention. "Casey Wilson," I looked around and saw her body frame in the distance, standing by no one. She was all on her own, which made me feel like shit.

Once we arrived at our destination, we were formed into groups, which resulted into Lily and I being seperated. I told her I'd see her later and walked towards my group. Once I noticed Casey was in there as well, a smile grew onto my lips.

"Hi," I mumbled in her ear, which made her jump a little. "We need to talk and you're not ditching me this time." I said sternly as we started walking. We were going to explore the forrest, which gave Casey and I enough time to talk about stuff.

"What exactly happened?" I spoke up, starting off the conversation. Casey's eyes were glued on the ground as she had her hands behind her back. "I can't just tell you, it'll put me in danger." She replied, confusing me. "What do you mean? Is everything alright?" I asked the most stupid question ever, but it was too late to take it back. "Do you really have the balls to ask me if everything's okay? Are you even listening to yourself right now?" Casey snapped, stopping me from walking.

"Spit it out, Case, what happened?" I asked, not letting the subject go. I have to find out what will put her in danger. Casey's phone went off, indicating she had received a text message. She hesitantly read the text as she unintentionally shuddered and stuffed her phone back into the pocket of her jeans.

Casey

I was literally about to tell Jack the truth, when I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. Slipping it out, I took a glance at the screen and immediately felt sick.

'Do you want the whole school to hear you moan out Sam's name?'

I looked around desperately as I started to feel dizzy. I walked to the side of the path we were following and held onto a tree to make sure I didn't fall. "Casey, are you okay?" Jack's hands settled on my shoulders as I started to feel more weak.

"Our group, we lost our group, where the fuck is our group." I started to panick, seeing no one of our group ahead of us. We were lost in the middle of the woods. "Casey, that doesn't matter right now, all that matters is if you're okay?" Jack grabbed both of my arms, pissing me off for no reason. "I'm fine," I slapped his arm and escaped out of his grip.

"This is all your fault." I sighed after walking for a good hour. We couldn't find our way out of here anymore, but Jack didn't want to give up. "How is this my fault, you stopped walking." Jack fought back, making me roll my eyes. "My feet are killing me, can we pause." I complained, whining like a baby.

Jack finally gave in and stopped walking. We settled ourselves onto the hard ground as the air started to get colder. Jack must have noticed the goosebumps on my arm, because he took off his jacket and wrapped it around me, like a blanket. "Jack, you're gonna get sick." I tried to give his jacket back, but he refused.

"It's okay, princess- I mean, Casey." Jack awkwardly rephrased his sentence, but wrapped his arms around me as we cuddled up to each other. I looked up at him as I stared at his face features. It was as if with each second I passed by looking at him, I fell in love more and more. "I missed this," I mumbled, not even realising I said that out loud until it actually came out. Jack just simply looked down at me and licked his plump lips before leaning in and connecting his lips with mine.

They fitted perfectly, they felt so squishy and warm, I honestly felt fireworks go off in my stomach. This definitely felt different than when I kissed Sammy, this felt more real.

When we unlocked our lips, we just sighed happily as we stayed in complete silence, not an awkward silence, but a comfortable silence. "This is the first time since my mom passed away that I have felt relaxed and not stressed." I wanted to stay in this position forever. Away from everybody, away from all of my problems.

"Casey, I've always lo-" Jack got interrupted by mrs. Valentine's voice. When we looked up, all of our classmates were just gaping at us, but only one face stood out... Lily's. She was literally fuming and I knew for sure that she was going to ruin my life one of these days.

{guys, i finished writing this book, y'all will hate me for the ending. i hate myself as well because i cried while writing! i suck ugh, but yeah, this book will end around chapter 31.}