The Window

"What's all this about?" Sam asked with a hesitant laugh when he approached Rose at her desk. "Why are we sad?"

"Oh, no.. I'm good. Ready for your tour?" Rose winked. She desperately tried to remove any hint of sadness and pain from her face.

"But of course!" He winked back. Rose's heart skipped a beat as she carefully looked him up and down.

"Alright, so my group!" Rose started. "This is the A-Team! A-Team means anywhere.. literally," she managed a laughed as Sam smiled back at her. "We handle clients anywhere.. well actually, just New York, Pennsylvania, Jersey, and parts of Connecticut. This is my team, Isabelle and Mark!" She gestured toward her friends.

"Hello! I look forward to working with you both! My door will always be open!" Sam smiled as he shook their hands. The group sat in a sort of triangle, Isabelle was next to Rose and Mark was behind them— allowed for them all to talk and brainstorm easily.

Rose led Sam to the next group of cubicles, down the hall from her group. They passed an empty space, filled only with filing cabinets— that was hardly used. They got to the next 3-group of cubicles, "Sam, B-Team! They handle, Bronx, Brooklyn, and Boston clients! Jarred, Max, and Jamie!" They went to college together, though Max graduated a year before the others.

Sam shook their hands and followed Rose to the next group.

"You seem to know a lot about everyone," Sam smiled at her.

"Ha, I have been here the longest actually! Well aside from the management!" She beamed proudly as she led Sam down a short hallway, to another group of cubes that were sandwiched in between a line of conference rooms and a wall.

"We only have two people in this pod, but they are strong and mighty!" Rose said. "Sam, this is Gwen and Steve. C-Team.."

"Let me guess.. Connecticut?" Sam chuckled.

"Exactly!" They laughed back.

"Okay next, but not at all least.. D-Team!" Rose said as she began her walk across an empty area on the floor, with a vastness to it, one that could be filled with anything one wanted. Rose noticed Sam studying this space. "This used to be our lounge space kind of, but our old manager found out and made me take the stuff out," Rose sighed.

"Well I'm gonna have you put it back! It's good for the creative juices!" He smiled as he flicked his suit jacket back and stuck his hands in his front pockets, causing his biceps to flex under his fitted grey jacket, and Rose's breath to escape her for a moment.

"Oh.. that would be great! No one took naps or anything, just came for a change of scenery from their desks," Rose chuckled.

"Sounds excellent, I like it!" Sam smirked back.

"Right, D-Team." Rose cleared her throat and continued her walk. As soon as they walked past the open space, they were hit with two oddly-positioned cubicles. The two men who sat at them had them set up as if it were a giant cube— they were sitting back to back, with the longer the walls of the cubicles connected together, to the men's left and right side, respectively. "Sam, this is Jason and Grayson. D-Team."

"Hmm.. D-Team? DC?" Sam questioned as he shook the men's hands.

"Daaa Rest," Jason, a grey-haired man with a slight beer belly said, causing Sam to laugh.

"Amazing! I love it!" He bellowed with a clap.

"They handle any other clients that don't fit into any other groups," Rose said of her coworkers.

"Well it's great to meet you, gentlemen! I look forward to working with you two! My door is always open!" He smiled.

"And that's the tour!" Rose laughed. "I trust you were shown the bathrooms and kitchen?"