Until The End Of Time

May 15th, 11:30pm. Rose woke up and clutched her stomach, doubled over in pain. As she placed her hand on her grey sheets, she feels wetness. Her water broke.

"Sam!" She said as she carefully put her slip-on shoes on and got up to get her hospital bag. "SAM!" She threw an empty water bottle at him, waking him up.

"Babe?! What's wrong?" He sprung up, eyes still partially closed.

"It's time babe.." Rose said causing him to open his eyes in a panic.

"Oh my god. Okay, okay.." Sam said as he frantically got out of bed and went to get dressed.

Getting to a hospital quickly in New York, isn't exactly an easy task. But it was one Sam was prepared for. He'd been reviewing this plan and walking through it for weeks.
———————————————————————
The Uber pulled up at 11:59pm, and Sam quickly got Rose settled in the back seat while he scooted in next to her. They told their driver to take them to New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, and as soon as they pulled up to the emergency entrance, Sam ran inside to get a wheelchair, and a doctor.

The doctor pushed Rose inside, and told a nearby nurse the take her to the Labor and Deliver Unit, on the third floor. Sam was right by her side as they ascended in the elevator, Rose was breathing calmly, and tracking the contractions- two minutes apart, lasting two minutes.

They arrived to the third floor, and the nurse, whose name is Beth, took Rose and Sam into a room and got them settled before she left them. "I'll be back when you need me, or before.. depends what she wants to do." Beth pointed to Rose's belly. Rose winced as another contraction reeked havoc on her body, "arg! Thanks Beth."

"Well not leaving yet!" She said as she walked back over to Rose, and bent down between her legs. "Oh.. looks like you're ready!" Beth smiled.

"What?!" Rose's eyes widened as Sam walked over and grabbed her hand.

"Yep, you're 10cm dilated. You're ready to push, gonna roll you to a deliver room!"
———————————————————————
"AHHHHH!"

"Doing good Rose, push again!"

"AHHHH!"

"Keep breathing babe! Squeeze my hand.. it's okay! You're going great!"

"One more push Rose! You can do it.."

"No.. I can't..."

"Babe, you're so strong! You got this baby!"

"Ahhhhhhh!..."

*wahhh... wahh* "good job momma, she's beautiful!"

"Oh my god... she's perfect." Rose said through a flood of tears, as Beth placed the tiny human in her chest.

"Yes she is. You did amazing baby!" Sam cried as he kissed Rose's head, and placed a loving hand on their daughter's.
———————————————————————
Elaina Grace Marsten was born at 1:00am, on May 16th.

Rose was released from the hospital in the afternoon of the 16th— Sam spent the morning baby-readying the flat.

Rose used the money from her parents to help Sam buy the other second floor flat, and Sam reworked the entrance way and staircase so that the connection of the two flats was seamless and worked as one continual space.

"Alright baby girl, here's your home!" Sam smiled as he carried Elaina through the front door of their newly expanded flat. "She looks so precious," Rose smiled as she waddled over to sit on the couch. Mr. B jumped on her lap, and licked her nose. Rose returned the affection with a belly rub, as Sam walked over to her with Elaina. He placed her in her large white bassinet near the couch.

"We made that!" Sam exclaimed, as he slumped down on the couch next to Rose, who was half asleep. "Hell yeah we did. Make sure she's close," Rose sighed as she snuggled up to her fiancé. "I love you so much Samuel, and I can't wait to marry you." She looked lovingly up at him.

He ran his fingers through her hair, "I'm thinking late spring wedding.. next year?"

"I'd marry you tomorrow if I could, so next year sounds perfect" Elaina started to stir, so Sam got up to tend to her, as Rose shed a single happy tear— her soul was free, and her heart was the happiest it's ever been.