Mr. Blue Eyes

It was Monday. Rose had been without Mike for three days, and wouldn't see him for another five.

She was dancing in their kitchen, walking around naked, FaceTiming Izzy and Mark as much as she wanted— the weekend spent alone was needed so much.
———————————————————————
Rose got her bagel, and proceeded to take her normal route to her building. But her attention was drawn away from the sidewalk, when she heard the tiniest noise coming from an alleyway.

She headed toward the sound, and found it behind a dumpster. A tiny, grey kitten, with blue eyes was looking up at her. The kitten's eyes were open, so it wasn't too young, but it was alone, and there was no sign of his mom or fellow litter mates anywhere. So Rose made a choice— she picked up the kitten and took him with her.

Her office was totally "new-age" and progressive with everything, including office pets. So she knew it wouldn't an issue at all, for her to keep the cat at her office. Keeping it in her house wasn't even an option— Mike would killed her if she brought a pet home. So the kitten would be safest at her office.
—————————————————————-
"Guys! Guys!" Rose was beaming, as she held the kitten in her hands.

"What's up Rose?" Mark asked as he approached.

"This!" She smiled as she presented the kitten.

"Aw! Kitty!"

"Kitty?! Where?" Izzy yelled from her cube.

"Here!" Rose smiled as the kitten crawled onto her head.

"Ohh.. who is this?" Sam's voice echoed through the hallway as he approached Rose.

"He doesn't have a name yet! I just found him!"

"Follow me.." Sam instructed as Rose followed him to his office. "Have a seat." Rose sat cautiously, she still had her coat on and her bags.

"Oh.. leave him here with me, so you can put your stuff down." Sam tried to hide his happiness.

Rose left for her desk, where she dropped off her coat and bag, before heading back towards Sam's office. She stood at the doorway for a moment, watching him. He was as giddy as a school girl, as the tiny kitten climbed all over him and licked his nose. Rose's heart swelled with joy, and lust as she watched the two playing together. "So boss, it seems like you've found a new friend," she finally laughed.

"Hell yeah! He's a super cool cat!" Sam smiled at the beautiful women standing in his doorway. "Mr. B!" He remarked.

"What?" Rose was transfixed on the feeling of her ovaries exploding to fully comprehend what was said.

"His name, Mr. B! Since you found..." he checked the sex of the kitten, "yep, him.. in Brooklyn!"

Rose smiled ear to ear as she answered, "it's perfect Sam. So can he live with you and visit us?! That's allowed here!"

"Of course." He paused, "shit.. I need to run out at lunch and get cat stuff!"

"I can do it for you.." Rose was used to people telling her to do things for them, so she assumed he would take her up on her offer.

"Not at all, enjoy your lunch! I got him! But I should actually go now.. he looks hungry! I'm gonna leave him in here while I go. Can you keep an eye on him?" Sam was so happy.

"Of course," Rose smiled, as Sam grabbed his jacket and headed toward the elevator.

Rose started to panic as she realized that she was starting to feel.. feelings for Sam Marsten. Her boss. But it was her crush, right? Lustful feelings after their kiss last week.. harmless feelings. But, what if they weren't just feelings of a crush (that she was too old for) OR lust. What if it was actually something more?
———————————————————————
Sam arrived back at the office nearly an hour later, hands full of many bags filled with cat toys, treats, food, and some very comfortable looking car beds.

"Rose! Can you help please?!"

"Of course!"

He handed her a few bags and had him follow her to his office. Sam and Rose emptied the bags and began to flood his office with cat toys and beds.

"Well, looks like he likes it!" Rose laughed as the kitten went over and plopped right down in one of the beds. "You should try feeding him before he falls asleep. Use the wet food."

Sam looked at her in awe, causing Rose to blush. "I love cats."

"I can tell! It looks like they love you too!" Sam acknowledged the kitten now in Rose's lap.

"At least someone does!" Rose laughed, but Sam didn't. In fact, his heart was broken over her words, "can you help me with something after work tonight?" He asked.

"Mike's still gone.. so definitely," she smiled.

"Good. C'mhere B!" Sam called, and the cat trotted towards him. "Smart guy!"

Rose stood up and smiled back at her boss, before she turned and entered the hallway. She walked back to her desk, which she loved even more now because she could see Sam and now Mr. B smiling and playing.