Chapter 11

Beth's POV:

It'd been 2 hours since Daan said that she was back in London but she hadn't text me to say that she's got home like she said she would. I was probably overreacting but I decided to message Dom to see if Daan had gotten home okay, just to ease my nerves. But then I got a response I wasn't expecting.

B: "Hey Dom, I was just wondering if Daan was back because she hasn't been answering my texts"

Do: "No, she's not back yet. We didn't even know she was on her way back."

This worried me because it surely doesn't take 2 hours to find a cab and get to her house, right?

B: "Oh, Daan texted me 2 hours ago saying that she was back in London but I haven't heard from her since"

Do: "Sari said that she hasn't heard anything from Daan since last night"

An idea then sprung to my mind, it seemed stupid but I needed to do it just to make sure Daan was safe. I looked online for the next flight down to London since it was the quickest way there. Luckily, there was one in an hour which still had spaces left so I packed a bag and sped to the airport, ignoring all the signs. I didn't care. I needed to find Daan. An hour later, I was in London.

I messaged Dom to pick me up while in the air so she was already waiting for me when I walked out of the airport. I got into the car and quickly got to Sari and Dom's. I walked into the house and went to sit next to Sari who was already writing down places of where Daan could be or who could've taken her.

S: "You didn't have to come down here to help us find her, you know"

B: "I know, I just wanted to help since I was the last person to see her"

Do: "What're you going to do about training, when are your off days?"

B: "If we find Daan within the next day I'll just say that I'm ill and therefore can't make it but if it takes longer, I'll get them to send me a fitness plan"

S: "Ah, that's okay then, we didn't want you to be sacrificing your place on your team to help us find Daan"

Do: "I'm sure we could ask Pedro if you can join in with training while you're here"

B: "That'd be ideal but I don't think he'll let me without a contract"

Do: "I'm pretty sure he'll let a top striker like you train with us for a bit whilst you're helping us out. And if he likes what he sees he might give you a contract"

B: "I doubt he would, there's so much talent on your team you don't need a new striker"

S: "I thought we were here to find Daan, not have a debate on what club Beth is going to next. Although I do bet £5 that it will be Arsenal"

After about 10 minutes of talking about where my next club would be and giving each other compliments, we started to look into where Daan would be and who would've taken her. Then Sari had a realisation and almost turned white at the thought of it. She turned to Dom and said "do you think it could be who i think it is?". Dom's eyes widened when she realised who Sari was on about, me on the other hand, still didn't have a clue. Dom then turned to me and asked "has she told you about her ex?" "no, why?" That made me think about all of our past conversations. Everytime I had brought up things from the past she seemed to stay quiet and change the topic as quickly as possible. "Just wondering, does she have her location on for you? She doesn't for us because she knows that we'll find out where she is if we're worried about her" Sari asked. 

I pulled my phone out and went to see if she had her location on for me. I was really doubtful because we hardly know each other so why would she let me know where she is. Luckily, her location was on so I showed Sari and Dom who both shot up out of their seat and ran to the door. We jumped in the car and started driving to where her phone was. Whilst we were driving Dom called the police to see if they could help us get Daan back, we sent them the coordinates and said that they would be there as soon as possible.

When we arrived at where Daan's phone was, we waited in the car until we had all built up the courage to go in. This took us all a few minutes but eventually we all approached the building. I was really nervous, my stomach was in a knot, my hands were sweating and I couldn't stop them from shaking but eventually, we made it to the building.

It looked like it had been abandoned for years. There were cracks all down the side of it which small plants were creeping out of. We all braced ourselves to go inside. It was dark and empty. It smelt musty and damp with a slight hint of petrol. Smelling the petrol didn't help my nerves whatsoever, it made me think of all the possible outcomes if it had just been poured and then was lit.

We then heard a scream which we all knew belonged to Daan. We were all relieved that we were in the right place but still worried if anything would happen to us. Hearing Daan's scream hurt me, it hurt me that I didn't know what was going to happen earlier. I just needed to get her safe. We looked around the ground floor to see if there were any signs of Daan. We found her stuff just thrown on the floor in a corner but there was no Daan with it. We then saw some stairs in the far corner so we figured that if she wasn't downstairs, she would be upstairs. We slowly walked up the stairs, making sure that we didn't make any noise in case the people who had taken Daan were still in the building. We got up the stairs but it was just one big, empty room, all the interior walls had been pulled down so you could see from one end of the building to the other. We then heard another scream, which sounded like it came from back downstairs so, slowly, we all creeped down the stairs, still trying not to make any noise. Then we saw it. How could we have been so oblivious.

There was a door at the opposite end of where we entered the building. You could just see light escaping through the cracks so we knew that was where Daan was. Cautiously, we wandered over to the door and peeped through the crack.

We could see Daan. She was laying on the floor, not moving much. There was quite a lot of blood around her, which worried me. There was a person standing almost next to her, just looking at her. All of a sudden she moved her head and started to move her leg but then the person hit her leg with a wooden pole and punched her in the face. It really hurt to see her like that. I just wanted to run to her and assure her that everything would be fine. As I was daydreaming about how I could help Daan, Sari decided to blow our cover by sneezing. Dom and I both glared at her and then ran from the opening of the door as it flung open, revealing a rather tall man in a mask. We hid in a corner but unfortunately, he found us pretty easily. He pulled his fist back as if he was going to punch me but Sari punched him in the balls first. He fell to the ground in a ball, whimpering like a baby. Sari stayed with him whilst me and Dom went to find Daan in case he decided that he wanted to hurt us even more.

Cautiously, we walked into the room where Daan was. She was curled up in a ball. "Daan, we've come to take you home," Dom said, softly. She nodded but then said "i...i..don't think i can walk". She then burst out crying which hurt my heart because I couldn't stand seeing her like this.  Dom lifted her up and started to carry her out of the building to the car when the person in the mask escaped Sari's grip and started running towards us. "Shit, run!" I shouted as Dom picked up the pace, getting out of the building just in time.

Me, Dom and Daan had all made it to the car but Sari was nowhere to be seen. We then heard a door slamming and footsteps running towards us once again. I was just about to start the car when I saw that it was Sari with all of Daan's things but to make matters worse, the man in the mask popped back up and started walking towards us. We hurried up getting everything sorted when the police arrived and arrested the masked man. Everyone got back in the car and all let out a breath that we didn't know that we were holding in.

I'm glad that we found Daan still alive but it hurts me to see her like this. She looks like she is in so much pain. It was then I decided that I needed to be near Daan in case something like this happened again. I needed to keep Daan safe. I needed her.

Sorry for taking a while to update School has fried my brain.