Chapter 1

⚠️Trigger warning: Abuse⚠️

Daan's pov:

Saturday morning

*thwack, thump, ugh*

'and don't go out with your teammates without telling me again!'

 'if you weren't with me people would think you're a dirty lesbian!'

I can't take this for much longer. I have to get out of here. I can't tell anyone cause he'll know that it was me who told them. where would I go? What about the team? so many thoughts were racing through my head. I'll tell the team after the match. I can't let my relationships ruin my chances here. if i went back home because of this it'll be the only thing i hear about from my parents "why did you come back? you came back because you split up with your boyfriend". They would laugh at me and would remind me of this situation everyday without knowing the real reason.

I sat on my bed thinking, crying and processing about what had just happened. I came to the conclusion that it was my fault and that i should tell him next time about when and where i was going and who i was going with. It was for my own safety, in case anything bad happened. 'Everything is fine' i thought to myself, 'he's only doing this to protect me'. As i was just about done thinking about what had just gone off Max walked back into the room with his shiny brown hair and glistening green eyes, looking like nothing had happened.

I was just about to open my mouth to apologise to him for not telling him about my last outing with the girls when i saw something in his hand.

It was a rope tied into a giant monkey fist knot. (getting hit by one of these is extremely painful)

I immediately jumped up and tried to plead with him but he wasn't in the mood to listen. Before i knew it the rope was being swung at me, getting closer and closer. I soon realised that in between the ropes there were pins sticking out and so I prepared for the pain.

He started hitting me with it over and over again and I couldn't take the pain. I screamed and shouted for help but nobody could hear me.

It was at that moment I decided to do something that I never thought I would....get away from max.

I started rummaging through drawers, getting the things  that I needed out and stuffed them into my suitcase, still getting hit. I wasn't going to let him treat me this way anymore.

As I stood up to go I 'accidentally' hit him in the balls. As he went down to the floor I realised that I had my chance to get out. I ran down the stairs, picked up my keys and ran out of the house. I threw my bag in the back of the car and started driving. I didn't know where to go, I just drove.

Eventually I made it to Sari and Dom's. I banged on the door for them to let me in. Sari opened the door and I burst into tears. I explained to them that Max and I had an argument and asked if I could stay there until the game tomorrow. I didn't want to tell them the real reason why I was there cause they would tell Pedro and then I wouldn't be able to play tomorrow.

Thank you for reading this chapter, I'm sorry it was a bit dark. I promise that things will get better for Daan.