The dance

The night sky was filled with stars, each one twinkling as if dancing along with the music.

Rose stared up at them wishing she could be up there and not down here, She was standing on a balcony overlooking the royal garden.

"I'm surprised to see someone like you out here and not in the party" *A voice said behind her*

Rose turned around seeing a Prince

"And I'm surprised to see someone like you here at all, This ball is for Prince Revoce to find a bride"

"Yes I'm well aware but the Prince and I are close friends and he wanted me to be here as well, however I have a feeling that my older brother asked him to invite me so I can also find a bride"

"Forgive me but I don't know your name or what Kingdom are you from?"

"The Kingdom of wavari, I am Prince Zane of wavari. And what might your name be my lady?"

"My name is lady Rose, I am a noble"

A voice came from the doorway "Lady Rose the Prince has requested a dance"

Rose turned her head to see her guard Mia standing there, Rose nodded her head "of course"

Rose walked into the ballroom, all around the Room where extravagantly dressed princesses and ladies all wanting a chance to dance with the Prince.

It made her smile, though at the time she couldn't figure out why.

Prince Revoce approached her, stacking his hand out and bowing his head "may I have this dance my lady?"

She smiled at him and put her hand in his "of course"

The two started dancing, everyone in the Room quickly started watching them dance.

Mia was in the doorway of the balcony watching them, Zane came up beside her "do those two know each other or something?" He asked

"You could say that" *Mia said smiling, still watching them*

Zane looked back at the two dancing with a puzzled look on his face.

The two continue dancing with several of the girls glaring at them and murmuring to each other.

After a while of them dancing they stopped, Revoce bowed to lady Rose and walked away.

The party continues on for a couple more hours. Finally people start to leave and Prince Revoce walks out to the balcony where rose was.

"Honestly I'm pretty surprised you even came to the party" Revoce said as he leaned up against the railing

"And I'm surprised you had one in the 1st place" rose smiled

"Well it wasn't really my decision"

"Oh yeah that's right you don't make any decisions, do you" Rose said with a smirk on her face

"Oh really, And what about you?"

"Because you are a sad lonely Prince, who doesn't make any decisions for himself"

"Don't forget you danced with that sad lonely Prince"

"Hey don't test me, I will push you over this balcony" Rose said laughing

Just as Rose said that Zane walked on the balcony, shocked by the words Rose had just said. He quickly walked over to where they were.

"How dare you threaten the Prince like that" Zane said angrily

Rose and Revoce were silent for a couple seconds before the 2 of them burst into laughter.

"It's ok Zane" Revoce manage to say

Zane looked at both of them confused.

"Revoce why are you laughing? lady Rose just threatened your life"

"Yeah maybe but I forced lady Rose to dance with me so it's completely understandable" Revoce said as he wiped tears from his eyes

*Rose nodded her head in agreenents*

"Lady rose, I hate to disturb you but you're sleeping quarters are ready for you, you are leaving early in the morning so if I may suggest you should head to bed now" Mia said

"Oh! Yes of course thank you Mia"  *Rose turned her head back to the 2 Prince's in front of her* "I must be off now sleep well prince Revoce"

*Rose bowed her head then followed Mia to her Room*

Zane turned his head to Revoce " You 2 are so weird together"

*Revoce laughed*  "I've known lady Rose for a long time"

Zane went open his mouth to say something but he was cut off

"Well my apologies but I think I'm going to head to my Room, now sleep well Prince Zane"

And with that Prince Revoce walks into the castle, leaving Zane on the balcony.