Apprentice

⚠️This chapter contains talk of minor injuries and blood⚠️

A bird flies down landing on a branch of a tree in the Royal garden. The wind picked up and pushed itself through the leaves and branches of the tree, the bird flew out of it passing over Prince Revoce's head.

He closed his eyes, breathing in the fresh air, he slowly opens his eyes.  Prince Revoce continue walking looking at the beautiful flowers when  he came across a rose Bush, he bent down sticking his hand out to one of the roses, forgetting it had thorns.

He pulls his hand back in surprise as a small drop of blood landed on the white rocks below him.

A young girl carrying a couple books and several bags of herbs and plants walks by, The Prince goes to hide his hand from the girl.

She bows to him before she continued walking, as she raised her head she noticed the drop of blood on the rocks.

"Prince what happened to your finger?!"  The girl asked as she bent down grabbing his hand

He laughed "It was just from the rose bush, I'm completely fine"

She stands up quickly still holding his hand "No it's not fine! it could get infected, you need to see the head herbalist!"

"No please" he protested "it's ok"

"Please forgive me my Lord but this is my job" she started to pull him along with her

The girl brought him to the head herbalist office. A older woman sitting at a desk writing down something on a parchment of paper, she had short hair and a strong face.

"I'm so sorry ma'am to disturb you from your work but the Prince has pricked his finger"
The girl said as she bowed her head

The woman lifted her head and looked at the Prince.

"I'm surprised you let her drag you down here my Lord"  She said with a cool but strong voice

He sat down "Well I wasn't planning on it but she insisted so here we are"

The woman smirked and looked at his hand.

"Oh my Lord I fear that you are dying from this small little cut of the rosebush"

The young apprentice who brought the Prince in was stacking herbs when she quickly turned around

"No you can't be serious!" She said with a panicked voice

The woman stood up and grabbed some disinfectant rags

"Of course not, it would have healed in a couple hours"

The young apprentice relaxed her shoulders "Thank goodness"

Prince Zane peeked his head in from the doorway

"Is there something I can help you with prince Zane?" the woman asked rapping Revoce's hand

Zane looked around as if he was looking for someone, the woman repeats herself "Is there something I can help you with prince Zane?"

Zane looked at the woman his eyes focusing "umm..  yeah.. I think I have a fever... yeah"

She stood up slowly with a gentle smile "Oh no, well I can give you some more of that medicine I gave you yesterday" she tilted her head

His face went pale "oh my goodness it's a miracle I think I'm healed... I'm gonna go now"

"So how often does Prince Zane come in here?"  Prince Revoce asked standing up

The woman started putting away herbs to help her apprentice

"Well my Lord that was the 1st time today but within this week at least 8 times"

Revoce removed his glasses and rubbed his temples.

"All right, my apologies for his actions, I will handle it. Have a nice day both of you"

As Prince Revoce left the Room the two bowed and went back to their work.

He steps out into the hallway and starts walking back to his Room. A step behind him slowly and quietly echoes off the walls.

"Zane my friend you know you should leave them to their work"

"Oh come on you're not even looking at me"

Revoce turns around crossing his arms looking at Zane

"All right all right, I'll stop"  Zane walks past Revoce with his hands

Revoce sighs.

He walks up to his study Room. The door was not overly big or overly decorated however it did have ornate carvings in it.

He reaches for the handle and gently twists it pushing the door in.

There were 2 blond headed guards in his Room, a short petite girl sitting on his desk and the other a tall lanky boy standing in front of her, both talking to one another.

The girl turned her head "Welcome back Prince"

he shuts the door behind him "Hello Coraline" *he tilts his head*  "and Keith"

Coraline hops off the desk behind her 3 large books

"Those books were surprisingly hard to find" she said smiling

Keith puts his arm around corallines shoulder  "That's right little sister they were hard to find, good thing I was there to find them though"

Coraline elbows him in the gut "Don't forget I'm not the younger one"

He falls back holding his stomach "Yeah right" he manages to say

Revoce sits down in his chair and picks up one of the books, carefully opening it.

"We will be right outside in case you need anything"  Coraline says

The twins leave the Room, leaving the Prince to his new found books.