𝒊𝒊.𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊 𝑯𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈

Athena

" Hello?" I answer the phone call I receive without looking at it. " What is it, Nik?"

I can feel the smirk on his face as he answers, " Well, love, I am making my way back to Mystic Falls. And I need a date."

" Nik. I don't think your brother, my husband, would like you asking his wife on a date." I joke.

He chuckles through the phone and says, " Don't worry. It is strictly platonic."

" Alright then, I will see you soon brother." I say goodbye and hang up. I walk to my closet where I placed the dresses that I bought for this night inside. " Stefan!!" I call for the young vampire. He walks in with the roll of his eyes and I glare at him. " Help me pick one. I need to look amazing for the dance tonight."

He walks over to me and says, " Eeny, meeny, miny, moe."

" No! Actually be of service please." I tell him.

Rolling his eyes, once again, he says, " Fine. Go with that one. It seems that it will suit your skin tone more."

" Thank you, Stefan." I tell him and shoo him out. I change into the dress and smile in the mirror before I get another call.

" What is it?" I ask

They answer with, " The gym was flooded and I have had Tyler move the dance to his house."

" Seriously?" I raise an eyebrow. He answers and I reply, " Fine then. I'll see you at the Lockwood's, Nik."

He hums and tells me, " Oh and, I got you a driver. One of my new hybrids."

" Oh, how nice of you, Nik. Goodbye now." Once that is over, I put on my shoes and walk out of the door. " Hello. I'm Athena Mikaleson, let's go now." I tell the hybrid and she drives us to the Lockwood mansion. Once we get there, she takes me to Klaus. " Ah, my brother-in-law. What is going on here?"

He looks at me and smirks. " Let's go, love." I take his hand and we walk outside to where the band is playing. They stop and he walks up to the microphone. " Good evening everyone!! I want to thank you all for being here with me to celebrate. Or being here with my sister and I. Athena, please come out!!" I walk out and smile, the cheers soon getting louder. " Well continuing on, it's been a long time coming." He says, staring at Stefan. Once we finish, we head down to find Stefan.

" Quite the homecoming." He tells us as we walk.

Klaus explains, " I've been planning my father's funeral for 1,000 years. Granted, in no version of it were any of these people invited. But you get the idea."

" So what now? You just stop running?" Stefan asks.

I smile. " Now, Stefan, he reunites our family."

" Your family. You mean the people he carts around in caskets?" Stefan concludes.

I rub my arm and Klaus seems to notice because he pats my back. " None of that matters anymore. Mikael's gone. Bygones will be bygones." A girl walks by saying how amazing the party is and Klaus says, " Seems the homecoming queen still walks among the living, which leaves me to believe Rebekah isn't here. Where is she?"