─── ʺ𝗋𝖾𝗂𝗇𝖾𝗋 𝗑 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝖾𝗋 - 𝖺 𝗌𝗁𝖺𝗆𝖾ʺ

The taste of betrayal was fresh on her tongue, it was a deadly poison that spread all throughout her body, reaching for her heart. Her vision blurred as the oxygen slowly left her body.

"Why?" she found the strength to mumble in a weakened voice. Her delegate hands gripped the ones around her neck but she didn't have the strength to struggle under his hold.

"I'm sorry-- you know too much!" Reiner choked on his words as he sobbed. "I- I'm so sorry!" despite his heart yelling at him to stop Reiner tightened his hold on his lover's throat.

He was a warrior -- he told himself. He was on a mission to save the world, what he was doing was necessary. He repeated these thoughts in his mind as he watched his lover accept her fate with a gentle smile and accepting nod.

Her eyes closed and her hold on Reiner's hands went limp. Tears clouded Reiner's vision but he didn't let go of her throat, not until he was sure of her death.

Once he noticed how her chest no longer lifted and her heart no longer beat he let go of her throat, his hands shaking. Pulling her limp body to his chest he sobbed.

"I'm sorry" he continuously mumbled, almost begging his newly deceased lover for forgiveness. He mourned his lover's death, the one he caused, as he held her to his chest.

It was a shame, the way [name] Yeager died at the blood-soaked hands of her own lover. Truly a shame.

𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗜𝗠𝗘𝗥: I originally posted this to my first account @levislovergirl