─── ʺ𝗅𝖾𝗏𝗂 𝗑 𝗌𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝖾𝗋 - 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎ʺ

[name] could recall the days when she was younger, at the time she was being brought up by her older brother figure in the underground. Isabel would always say that [name] followed after Levi like a duckling chasing after it's mother.

She wasn't necessarily wrong. [name] looked up to Levi so much you could practically see stars in her eyes when she looked at him. 

She would often follow him around, carrying something extremely light (but slightly heavy to her) that Levi had allowed her to hold onto until they got home. She would try to mimic Levi's tough expression only to end up with a cute sideways pout.  

"Im gonna be just like you!" [name] would say a majority of the time. It was like her own personal declaration. Although no matter how many times [name] had said this Levi would always brush her off with a pat to the head and a new 'assignment' for her to complete.

At first, when they were all taken to the surface [name] was overjoyed. She just knew she had it in her to be just like her older brother now that she could get the proper training.

When Levi practically crushed her heart by pushing her away after the death of Farlan and Isabel [name] never abandoned her resolve to join the Survey Corps. If anything, her will was strengthened by the belief that he thought her to be incapable of being just as great as him. 

Two years after being taken up to the surface [name] left for the Cadet Corps with a bitter (yet determined) resolve. "I'm gonna be just like you... no matter what you say I can do..." She would say to no one in particular as she looked up at the midnight sky full of gleaming stars.

When she was 15 she graduated from the survey corps at second best. [name] cursed herself for not being good enough to be the very best. Even though [name] never actually made friends with her peers, far too busy trying to be the best, they all cared for her and quickly noticed how hard she was on herself despite doing the best she could.

By the time [name] joined the survey corps her smile was completely gone, the life practically drained from her now tired and empty eyes (she hardly ever got any sleep since she was always awake trying to perfect her skills). 

The people who knew [name] before she left for training could easily spot the huge difference in her simply upon glancing at the girl. 

Levi, although he masked it well by pretending he didn't notice (or didn't care), was concerned for the girl he'd raised ever since someone anonymously dropped her off at his door with a letter saying she was his cousin (Levi believed this 'anonymous' person to be Kenny the Ripper). 

Now, as [name] stood in front of the bathroom mirror, she slightly regretted dedicating her entire life to being like some ass who threw her away at the first chance he got. 

Her cheeks felt incapable of lifting up into the smile that once shined above all of the others. Lifting her fingers up to her face [name] stretched her features into a smile. "Big brother Im just like you..." She said solemnly as she dropped her fingers from her cheeks, the false smile falling as well.