─── ʺ𝗁𝗂𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗂𝖺 𝗑 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝖾𝗋 - 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗍𝖾𝖼𝗍𝗈𝗋ʺ

(( au! ))

[name] had been imprisoned in the king's castle ever since she was four. The treatment was hostile and just flat-out cruel yet they had the audacity to call her a monster. It was comedic.

Though among the darkness there was one girl who shined brighter than the greatest star. Historia Reiss, the kings bastard born daughter who had been outcasted her entire life. Historia was never shown an ounce of love from her mother, the king's mistress and her father only came around when he needed something.

In all honesty [name] felt pity for the young girl despite having lived in shackles most of her life.

[name] talked to Historia for the first time when she was six. She had seen the young girl sneak in and out of the dungeon with countless books beforehand but the muzzle tightly strapped to her face prevented her from speaking. The day she and Historia spoke [name] was after [name] had her first and most likely last full meal of the week. The guards had forgotten to put her muzzle back on after she was fed.

"What're you reading" a six-year-old [name] suddenly asked, her voice coarse from not speaking in well over a year or two.

Historia jumped, her hands growing shaky from the sudden voice. She clearly wasn't supposed to be there but it was the only place Historia knew she could go to read her mother's books without being discovered. She feard what the outcome would be if someone found out.

"uh- just a book about a girl named Krista... Who are you?" Historia questioned as she walked towards the dark cell which a child almost the same age as her lay chained up.

"[name]... just [name]" the girl responded, her voice still groggy. In all honesty [name] had no clue what her last name was. It had always just been her and her sister before the King took her as prisoner.

Historia walked closer to the cell, grabbing a torch so she could see better. She let out a loud gasp at the sight before her.

[name], as the child was named, was chained in a particularly uncomfortable position. Not far away from her was a muzzle which Historia had assumed was for [name]. Historia also took note of how dehydrated and starved [name] looked as she sat weakly, barely even able to hold up her head.

"Wait here! I'll go get you some more food and water!" Historia shouted before carefully placing the torch where she got it from and dashing away.

[name] tilted her head in confusion because one, where else was she to go? and two because she certainly hadn't expected the girl to be so kind.

After that Historia and [name] grew to become great friends with a sibling-like bond. [name] explained that the reason she was imprisoned was because of her ability to turn into a titan. Shockingly, Historia passionately expressed how she would never leave [name] even if she had the ability to turn into the exact same thing that struck fear into everyone else.

That was the day [name] swore to protect Historia with her life.

You could only imagine the panic that [name] felt on Historia's twelve birthday when the castle was under attack by a greedy person seeking out the power of the founding titan ─ the power that [name] possessed.

"Hey, what's going on up there?!" [name] snarled at her guards, over the years [name] had grown a backbone of sorts and no longer feared anything unless it concerned Historia.

She was ignored. In fact, the guards seemed confused themselves but both of them were far too scared to check out what was happening. "Don't tell me you're that incompetent that you don't know when you're under attack" The guards still made no useful movement, both of them frantically glancing around the cellars with no idea of what to do.

There was a sudden scream that despite all of the other shrills [name] could recognize instantly.

"Historia?" she mumbled to herself before her eyes went wide with a mixture of emotions. Rage, fear, distress, confusion, [name] felt it all as she suddenly began to roughly pull at her chains with a strength like no other.

"Hey-- what are you doing in there?! You stop that!" one of the guards shouted in panic as he took notice of the chains that quickly began to break away. "You-- you stop that or- or- or- I'll have the king outcast that bastard's daughter of his!"

The threat only made [name] snarl, as if he would be able to pull that off.

The chains suddenly tore from the ground and yellow electricity began to surround [name].

[name] burst from out of the ground, her appearance completely destroying the part of the castle she was under and killing a few unfortunate people. A loud roar left from [name]'s throat as she noticed the titan shifter that had attacked gripping Historia lightly in its hand.

She immediately charged forward, punching the titan in the jaw causing him to stumble to the ground, dropping Historia in the process. [name] (obviously) caught Historia and gently placed her on the ground.

She then stood to her full height, preparing to battle the titan shifter only to notice how it still lay on the ground, steam erupting from its jaw and its eyes closed. In all honesty, it was pathetic, a probably full-grown man with training coming to take the founding titan only to be one-punched by a twelve-year-old girl who hasn't seen the sunlight in years.

[name] tugged herself out of her titan, steam erupting from the nape as the 15-meter body slouched against a tree.

"[name]! You broke out of your cell?!" Historia questioned with a yell as she claimed [name]'s body. [name] still sat, halfway in her titan body, patiently waiting for Historia to get to her before responding.

"You screamed" [name] replied calmly as she watched Historia attempt to tug the rest of her body from the titan.

"So you just came?"

"I promised to protect you, did I not?"