𝐨 𝐧 𝐞

Theodore Forge woke up enthusiastic on the first day of his freshman year. After a boring summer working at Newton's Olympic Outfitters with his friend Mike Newton, he was more than happy to do something else than listening to his athletic friend trying to flirt with girls. In fact, at the sporting goods store, Mike made sure to help the customers while Theo placed things and made people pay. It was alright with him, he was not really interested in sports anyway as he was more of an artist. He was always carrying a notebook where he drew everything he found beautiful or everything he wanted to remember. 

Theo quickly took a shower and got dressed before walking downstairs where his father Waylon was sitting, watching the news and eating his breakfast. When he saw his son, he smiled, patting the seat besides him. 

"How did you sleep, kiddo?" Waylon was the only parental figure Theo ever had, as his mother left them when he was three years old. His father had explained how when the woman was bored, she just left so Theo was not sad and didn't miss her in any way. If he wasn't worth her attention, than she didn't deserve his. But Waylon was the best father the young man could ask for, he was always making sure Theo was alright or leaving him alone when he needed it. 

"Great dad, thanks," He slept well, but he was slightly nervous for the new school year. Theo felt like something was going to happen, but he couldn't pinpoint if his feeling was good or bad.

"I made you some breakfast if you want. I have to leave for the day, Cora need help with her truck, but I want to know everything when I come back," With a last smile from his son, Waylon left, putting his coat on. Theodore's father was working as a mechanic in a garage near Forks High School, but it wasn't unusual that he directly went to the customers' house to help with their vehicle's problem. 

When he noticed the time, Theo ate quickly and walked out, locking the door behind him as he heard a car honk. Mike's parents were his ride to school as they lived close to each other, but again, who didn't in this small town. 

When Mike's parents dropped them off at school, Mike and Theo joined their friends, Angela Weber, Jessica Stanley, Eric Yorkie, Lauren Mallory and Tyler Crowley. Angela was definitely Theo's best friend. They were so similar ; reserved, but sweet and always there to help others. Eric was a joyful person and worked with Angela on the school's newspaper, and he had a crush on Angela. Jessica was a nice girl, even though she was quick to judge people she didn't know and a slightly envious person. She also had a huge crush on Mike, who didn't really show interest in her. Lauren was a superficial girl and a gossip girl like Jessica, but she was really loyal and protective of her friends. Mike and Tyler were similar, they shared their passion for sports.

As soon as they reached their friends' group, Theo sighed. He could already hear Jessica and Lauren whispering about something. Angela was quietly listening to them, smiling at Theo when he stopped besides her.

"Hey Ange, what are they whispering about? School hasn't even started," Theo asked quietly. 

"They are gossiping about the new family who just moved here. They are from Alaska. The Cullens, I think?" Angela answered, shrugging. She was about to talk again when two unfamiliar cars entered the parking lot. They dropped the six new kids that were attending school and left. All eyes were on them. They seemed to go in pair. There was a tall blonde girl who was holding hands with a buff guy. She was gorgeous and the guy looked like he could crush Theo with one of his arms. The next pair was a small pixie like girl, who was skipping beside a stiff guy. She seemed to be overly excited while the blond looked like he wanted to leave this place and never return. The last pair was the one who got Theo's attention. 

A bronze-haired boy was guiding a small dark-haired girl towards the school. It was her Theo was more interested in. She was magnificent. She was looking like a goddess, walking with so much grace everybody was staring at her. Bringing her closer, the bronze-haired boy, her boyfriend?, whispered something in her ear, making her chuckle and look up. She scanned the parking lot and stopped when she locked eyes with Theo. All of a sudden, it was just them. He didn't know he stared at her for how long, but when she smiled brightly at him, he felt like he was gazing at an angel, his angel. Her odd, golden eyes were shining and were looking at him with so much happiness he felt like he couldn't breathe anymore. Theo's cheeks burned and his eyes widened.