𝐟 𝐢 𝐯 𝐞

One week had passed in which Theodore and Rosemary spent more and more time together

One week had passed in which Theodore and Rosemary spent more and more time together. The Cullen girl often joined him and his friends during lunchtime and they met in between their classes, even if it was only for a few minutes. They immediately felt better after spending some time together.

Theo's friends all adopted Rosemary to their group, and it wasn't rare that the girl spent time with any of them, even when Theo wasn't there. Even Lauren, who was skeptical about her before meeting her, was now more opened around Rosemary, even if the Mallory girl was the one with the biggest shell around her.

During art class, one afternoon, Theo and Rosemary were whispering together as the teacher explained some drawing technique. Both were laughing at something Theo said, trying to hide their snorts with their hands but failing completely.

"Mr. Forge, Ms. Cullen, if you're not able to be serious in my class, I will ask you to leave," The man glared at the mates, who tried to hide their snickers once again. Hastily, they grabbed their stuff and walked out.

"Have you seen his face?" Theo chuckled, the fresh memory replaying in his mind.

"I think he noticed how we never pay attention, I guess he got fed up. I feel bad," Rosemary bit her lip, a small smile on as she looked at her mate being so carefree. She was more than happy to see that their friendship was progressing, but she dreaded the time she would have to tell him about her vampire condition.

As much as she loved spending more time with him, creating a stronger connection and learning more about each other, she couldn't help but feel bad. Every minute, every second she spent with him, the more her guilt rose. She knew she had to tell him, but she was scared he would hate her. Because of her secret, but also because she lied to him. Rosemary acted normal in front of him, postponing the time when she would, and should, confess to him. She didn't want to break his trust, but she would have to.

"Rosemary?" Theo waved his hand in front of her face, trying to get her attention as he noticed she was lost in her thoughts. Seconds ago, she was laughing with him and now she just seemed sad. " Rosemary..." The blond young man put his hands on her shoulders, bending down a little to meet her eyes with his. When she still didn't answer, Theo cupped her face with one of his hands, wanting to bring the girl down to earth. And if his touch affected her like hers did to him, surely it would work. And it indeed worked. The dark-haired girl blinked twice before she took notice of his mate's hand on her skin.

"Sorry," Rosemary apologized, glancing at Theo's hand before taking it in her own and squeezing it gently.

"Is everything okay?" He worried out loud.

"Just have a lot on my mind, don't worry about me," She squeezed his hand again before letting it go.

"I'll always worry about you," He whispered under his breath, making it barely noticeable for Rosemary, but she heard it clearly. "Um, I was wondering if you want to spend lunch with me, tomorrow," Theo rubbed the back of his neck, changing the subject.