10

This night ain't for the faint of heart
For the faint of heart, for the faint of heart
This night ain't for the faint of heart
'Cause the faint of heart gonna fall apart
This night ain't for the holy man with the holy plan
For the promise land
This night we got the evil hand
And the evil hand gonn' raise the dead
Ain't no sleep when the wicked play
Song : wicked ones by Dorothy

*******

Everett grabbed my wrist gently and pulled me inside that huge building

Everett grabbed my wrist gently and pulled me inside that huge building . I giggled as we ran quickly into the into the private elevator . He pressed for the 79th floor . There were total 80 of them . The elevator took a lot of time to reach . As it opened on the 79th floor I could see the receptionist quickly get up in her seat and greet Everett.

After crossing the the waiting area and reception I could see two huge wooden doors on the either side of the area . On both of them there were huge name plates . One said Evan Sinclair and the other one said Everett Sinclair .

There were a few people in the waiting area who stared at us as we walked into Everett's office . There was already someone waiting for him in the office . The man looked at me in surprise especially due to my unprofessional clothing .

The man quickly nodded at Everett in acknowledgement and quickly opened the file . I looked around . Everett's office was extremely big . It had floor to ceiling windows while in contrast with the walls that were wooden . There were many shelves around the office . Many awards , certificates and newspaper clippings were hanging around . There was a glass cupboard filled with trophies . The desk was also glass with wooden stands . There was another wooden door in the corner which I assume is the bathroom .

I clutched my jacket as I looked through the window in complete awe of the London . You could see the popular London eye . It was very far away but it looked absolutely mesmerising. I walked near the windows and looked at around .

"It is very beautiful , Isn't it ?", I heard an unfamiliar voice . " It's enchanting .", I replied still gazing outside . I felt familiar an arm wrap around my waist . He looked at me and then turned me around . " This is Mr. James Hendricks. He is the CFO and my dads old friend ."

" James , This Pearl Sokolov .", he looked at him and said . I moved my hand forward for handshake and said , " Nice to meet you . Mr.Hendricks ." "Just call me James and it's really nice to meet you too ."

"Well this is it . The papers are signed . Enjoy your weekend and I'll enjoy mine .", he said and then left the room .

"So what do you wanna do ?", Everett grinned and asked me . On the cue my stomach grumbled loudly . He looked at me laughed out aloud while my whole face became red . I chewed my lips and looked away.

" we are gonna have some thing to eat and I know a perfect place here .", He removed his blazer and took out his phone to call . I tuned out of the conversation as I looked out of the window again . I just couldn't take my eyes of it .