14

"He did it
He did it
Este's a friend of mine
We meet up every Tuesday night for dinner and a glass of wine
Este's been losing sleep
Her husband's acting different and it smells like infidelity
She says, "That ain't my merlot on his mouth"
"That ain't my jewelry on our joint account"
No, there ain't no doubt
I think I'm gonna call him out
She says"

Song : No body no crime by Taylor swift

I opened my eyes slowly feeling a small ache on the left side of my head

I opened my eyes slowly feeling a small ache on the left side of my head . I was on a comfortable bed in a huge room . I rubbed my face and felt the bandage on my head . I looked my side , it was messy like someone had slept there though the bed was cold now .

My eyes fell on a note placed on the bed side table .  Everett had written it . It said :

Good morning ( if it still is ),

I have kept some clothes for you . Take a relaxing shower ( don't wet your bandage ) . Come downstairs and then we'll eat and talk . Don't worry your pretty little I'm absolutely ok .I'm sorry about everything.

love , Everett

I pushed the comforter with my legs and got up from the bed . I found a towel and some clothes on the vanity table . It was a black floral dress and some under-garments that appeared to be new . There was also a pair of white sneakers. I grabbed the clothes and entered the bathroom .

****

This house was massive . It was like staying in a hotel . I had to even ask for directions from one the workers who was carrying some bed sheets in her hand and moving around in the corridor .

I made my way down the grand staircase and was able to spot the dining room where everyone was seated and eating their breakfast . Before I could even enter the room , Everett's mom saw me and gasped .

'' Oh dear , I am so glad that you're ok . I was so worried . '', she came rushing towards me and enveloping me in a hug . I gulped and hugged her back . I didn't like this feeling at all  . The hug was so comforting and motherly . It reminded me the loss of my own mother .

I exhaled slowly as she released me and Everett made his way towards me . " Hey" , he said and gently kissed the bandage on the side of head . " Hey", I replied with a small smile . " come , let's get you some food .", he said and dragged me to the dining table . His brother Evan introduced himself politely and so did his wife Savannah .

We all ate our breakfast , everyone was chit-chatting and making conversations .

Once it was over , Everett and me went to a balcony .

" So are you gonna tell me the whole thing ?", I asked him curious about the whole thing and also why I am stuck in the middle of it .

" Yeah . I probably should. Take a seat . It's a quite a story .", he sighed and sat on the rocking chair and I took a seat on the hammock.