19

"You'll never know how much I really love you
You'll never know how much I really care
Listen, do you want to know a secret?
Do you promise not to tell?
Whoa-oh-oh, closer
Let me whisper in your ear
Say the words you long to hear
I'm in love with you, ooh"

Song : do you want to know a secret by beatles

"Take a seat .",  he pulled the chair for me in front of his huge desk . He himself sat down and crossed his hands on the table .
Then he softly said , " I don't know if you remember me but I used to work for your father and he was also a very close friend of mine ."
He looked in late 40s around the same age my father would have been . He was dressed in a proper suit . His grey hair were slicked back and his green eyes peered down  at me .

" I remember you . I think I saw at the funeral.", I said gulping at the word "funeral".
" I don't think my words would have comforted you in any way that day or may be still can't  . That is why I didn't approach at the moment but I'm very sorry for your loss .", he said slowly and carefully picking out each of his word . And he was right , nobody's could have comforted nor do they still do .

"Thank you . So you told me that you wanted to talk to me about my parents .", I raised my eyebrows and leaned back in my seat .
" As you might me aware , your parents wrote a Will stating to whom all there belongings will go to . They had decided to donated a lot of it . But the rest of it were to be given to you when you turned eighteen."
My breathe got stuck in my throat. I knew about the Will but I thought that they donated all of it.

"I know , you should've known about this way earlier but it was not expected by anybody for your Aunt to leave you with the authorities . I tried looking for you , I didn't wanted you to suffer in those foster homes ."
" Why would you look for me ?"
" I was very close to your parents . I knew they would have not wanted to see you hurt in any way . You were only 12 years old . But the government records lagged behind . You were being moved from one to another and I just couldn't catch up ."
" Thank you for ...... at least trying ."
He nodded and then got up from his seat .

"Alright , let's see the testament shall we ?", He said and took out a file from one of the cabinets . I was not wearing glasses but I could make out what it was labelled as -The Sokolovs'. It was quite a thick file .

" Ok so I know everything in there because I was there when they got it issued. So let's begin with the shares of the company."
"The shares of what now ?", I exclaimed.
" I suppose you don't know much about this . Let's just begin with things you might aware of then we'll go the company stuff.", he said calmly taking out some documents out of the file .
" No no no . I want you to rewind and repeat . I am aware about the existence of my father's company. And that's it . That's all I know . So you might wanna fill the blanks here ." I said hurriedly.