Chapter 7

I paced outside of the room 136. The room Amy was sitting in completely confused about the world she was in. I felt mad about the person who has hit that night. I also felt helpless because I couldn't do anything to help her get her memory back. The doctor told us that we could finally see her and try to talk to her. They told me that they want me to go first. I take a deep breath and then I put my hand on the cold shiny door knob. I opened the door to see Amy sitting up in the bed with two white pillows sitting under her back. She looks up at me with her hazel eyes with a twinkle and she gives me a small smile. I give her a smile back. "Hey Amy," I say walking in all the way. She smiles at me very sweetly like she did at Band camp before I had ruined her life by getting her pregnant.

"Hi Ricky," she says. I look at her confused how did she remember my name. I would think my luck that I would be the person she would forget about.

"How are you feeling?" I ask her sitting down in the chair next to her. I grab her hand and I hold it.

"Pretty good. How's John?" She asks moving her other slightly under her pillow.

"Fine he is with my foster parents," I say with a smile. I am happy that she remembered me and John that's a good sign. At least John will still have a mother that remembers him.

"Foster parents?" She asked confused. Oh great here we go with the people she forgot.

"Umm yea they are my foster parents who adopted me away from my birth parents," I say sliding a little bit closer to her. She nods her head in understanding. She looks at me for a couple more seconds, but then drifts off to sleep. I smile at her and I lean forward a bit and I kiss her on the forehead. She stirs a little in her sleep. I take one more glance at her then I walk out of the room. I look down the hall to see George and Anne talking to the doctor who specializes Amy. I walk down there to let them know the information I know.

"Hey," I say getting their attention. They turn to see me looking at them.

"Oh hi Ricky how is she?" George asks. I shrug my shoulders with a small smile.

"Well she remembers me and John for the most part," I say with a smile still on her face. I hear someone walking behind me and I turn around to see Ashley walking our way.

"So did I miss anything?" Ashley asks coming up to them and standing by Ricky. Ricky shakes his head.

"No, but I did go see Amy. If you want you can go and see her," I say. Her eyes light up. She takes on more look at us then turns around and walks to Amy's room.

Ashley walks into Amy's room and slightly knocks on the door to get Amy's attention. Amy looks up from her peaceful slumber and sees a girl standing I'm front of her. "Can I help you?" Amy asks her. Ashley starts feeling tears come down her face and not because her sister is in pain. Its because she doesn't know who she is.

"Amy," Ashley says walking up to her bed and giving her sister a big hug. Amy looks at her sister still confused.

"Oh umm... Hi," Amy says to the girl that she is still confused about. The girl who is hugging her and crying in her shoulder.

"Amy remember that I love you forever," Ashley says getting of her hug. She looks at her sisters confused light hazel eyes.

"Who are you?" Amy asks the girl.

"I'm Ashley your sister," Ashley says to her. Amy shakes her head at her.

"I don't have a sister. I only have a mom and a son," Amy says to her. Ashley shakes her head as more tears come down her face.

"No Amy you have a dad and a sister and a mom and a son who all love you soo much you can't believe it," Ashley says to her. Amy feels a tear fall down her face and hit the bed she is laying in.