Chapter 8

Amy pushes herself off of the very cold and white bed trying to hop to the door to go to the restroom. She feels someone come to her assistant and help her out of the room. She swivels around to face Ricky who had just made his way to her room about 3 sharp. "Hey," Amy says to him before grabbing the crutches that were leaning against the wall next to the door for the room she was in.

"Hi and next time please tell me if you need any help. I don't want to see you get hurt again," Ricky pleads. Amy smiles and then nods.

"Okay. I just hate not being able to do nothing, but sit here in this room and look at nothing," Amy reminds him. He shakes his head with a smile.

"Well guess what," Ricky excitedly says walking her out of the room.

"What?" She asks him. He smiles at her with a big grin before taking her down to the lounge where the people who called themselves her family stood with balloons in their hands with bigs smiles on their faces too matching Ricky's. Amy grabs Ricky's hand. "I'm scared," Amy whispers to him.

"Hey don't be. We all love you," Ricky reminds Amy. Amy smiles back at them.

"Okay I just want to go home and see John," Amy says exhaling air out of her mouth and sighing.

"Yea me too," Ricky agrees. Ricky grabs the suitcase from Amy's hand that came from her apartment that she was staying at in New York.

They walk down to the couple of parked cars sitting outside of the hospital and they pile into the cars before heading to the New York City Airport.

1 Hour Later

Ricky pulls out his phone and watches as the time ticks down minute by minute and second by second waiting to hear the intercom come on saying their plane was ready to go and they could board it but there still hasnt been a word on that. "Los Angeles California now boarding," the woman says very loudly over the speaker making a little screech noise while she was talking making Amy cover her ears slightly from the loud noise. Everyone stands up when the hear the announcement signaling that people could go to their flight. Ricky picks up his and Amy's bags before following Anne and George to the California terminal. They all board the airport one by one taking their correct seats. Ricky sits down in the seat right next to Amy. Amy and Ricky were heading home and they would get to see the person they wanted to see very much. Their son John who was waiting at home with Margaret and Shakur. "Hey how are you feeling?" Ricky asks taking a glance over at the person of concern who was staring straight out the window watching the city she loves dearly start fading away as their airplane gains some speed flying away from New York to go to California. She shrugs her shoulders before turning toward him and looks into his dark chocolate eyes giving him an answer.

"I feel fine physically, but emotionally not so much," Amy replys with sigh while running her hand through her messy and dry hair. Ricky nods in understanding. He know how she felt right now. She felt like she didnt belong with this family and probably wanted to run away from all of this. Amy looks back at her family with tearful eyes. He hated watching Amy looks back at her family with sadness and confusion unsure about who they exactly were and what they meant toward her life. He blames himself everyday for this and for everything he had done to her. It was all his fault and he knew it. Ashley was right. No mattee what George said about it not being his fault, but the drivers. If he had never asked Amy out on a date that night and if he just waited like everyone else until she got home safe and sound then this wouldn't have happened. Ricky props his arm on the arm rest sitting between him and Amy sighing.

Amy gets off of the plane with Ricky right behind her carring her luggage to the taxi sitting on the side of the street waiting for their arrival. Ricky and Amy get into the first taxi while the rest of them pile into the taxi behind them. "Where are we going?" Amy asks him while rasing an eyebrow.