Two

I finally returned home after spending half the weekend at Lindsay's.

"I'm home!!" I yelled into the silent house as I barged through the door. I walked further into the house and my younger brother, Hamish, trotted downstairs.

"You've been gone for a while," he said. "Brought any good food home with you?"

I just smirked and ruffled his shaggy black hair.

"I'm serious, do you have food or not?" He deadpanned. I burst out laughing and he just walked back to his room. I swear that kid is in love with food.

"Hey honey," my dad said, walking inside from the backyard, "Welcome home, it's been-" he looked at his watch, "36 hours. Not quite your high score, but close."

"I love you too, dad," I replied, giving him a kiss on the cheek which elicited a chuckle from his lips.

We had a short catch-up discussion of my weekend, then I collapsed on my bed in the privacy of my own bedroom.

Having nothing else to do but lay on my bed, which definitely sounded appealing, I got dressed into some semi-nice clothes and drove myself to the family pub in town. I didn't go as much for the alcohol, but for the full-sized pool table surrounded by competitive drunks who were up for a bet.

I played a few games of pool, earning myself $150 in profits. As I sat in a booth counting my winnings, I heard Lindsay's voice calling out to me, and was soon accompanied by her and her mother.

"Fancy seeing you here," she quipped. I rolled my eyes. I was either here, or at her house, so what did she expect?

"What are you doing here?" I asked as she relaxed into the booth opposite me.

"Just out to have dinner with my mom, and now you. Apparently she has some big news!" She squealed excitedly.

"Chill, Linds. You probably won't be too thrilled, but I am," Ms. Caldwell said. I watched as Lindsay shuffled in her seat, unable to sit still and be patient.
"I got a new job!" Lindsay cheered for her mom. "At Ridgemont High."

The table fell silent and I looked over at Lindsay in shock. Her eyes were as wide as saucers, and her mouth opening and closing like a fish.

"B-but that's my school," she finally stuttered out. I physically face-palmed my forehead and received a light slap on the arm from Lindsay.

"What will you be doing there?" I asked nervously as Lindsay tried to wrap her head around her mom working at our school.

"I'll be teaching advanced history to seniors," she answered without batting an eyelash.

"Congratulations," I muttered awkwardly. We sat in silence for the rest of a very awkward dinner, then went our separate ways. I couldn't believe that I could potentially have my best friends' mom as my teacher. How weird would that be? The same woman who had seen me naked and openly flirted with me, could be standing at the head of my class. I had never been religious, but in that minute, I prayed for a miracle.

I wanted Ms. Caldwell as my teacher.

~~~

The first day of my last semester in high school started off with a bang. Quite literally. My car broke down and I arrived 15 minutes late to my first class. I collected my timetable and searched for my classroom. Another 5 minutes later I made my way inside. I avoided eye contact with the teacher and sat all the way in the back of the class. I held my head down, drowning out the noise of my excited peers for the first day back after the break.

I was not in the mood.

I felt someone hovering over me, so slowly raised my eyes. They roamed over three-inch black heels holding up a pair of toned legs and I let out a low whistle as my eyes drifted over her chest. The light colored blazer and matching skirt made her body look terrific. My eyes continued to roam until they met those pale blue eyes.