Chapter Nineteen

Harry didn't let go of Sirius until he realized that he was crushing him. Draco chuckled, and gave him a brief hug. Grimmauld Place was modernized. The dull wallpapers and carpets were replaced with, replaced with hardwood and painted walls. There was muffled scream from the painting, and for once it wasn't about blood traitors.

"You've both not contacted us in the last two months," Sirius huffed indignantly. "It wouldn't hurt you to call –

"Wasn't the mirror just supposed to be for emergencies?" Lily appeared in the hallway behind them, greeting the two of them with a warm smile. Remus walked in moments later, and Sirius leant into him.

"Give them a break, Sirius." Remus said with a chuckle. "You've been impatient all week, and now that they're here, will you just calm down?"

"You can't calm down or give them a break." Lily said with a pout. "We have to decorate the Christmas tree, and we're going to start as soon as we can!"

Harry chuckled, and leaned down. "Waiting for us to start with the Christmas tree, were you?"

"Yes!" She said in delight. Draco ruffled her hair, and laughed. She yelped as her eyes rested on Hedwig, and rushed towards the snowy owl, sleeping with her head under her wing. "She is pretty."

"Do you want to show them your artwork, Lily?" Sirius asked with a soft smile.

They let himself be pulled into the living room. Harry obligingly looked in the direction she pointed. Someone—presumably Sirius—had used a sticking charm to keep a piece of paper on the wall above the mantle. The "artwork" displayed two blue handprints joined at the thumbs. Yellow flames were painted above each finger.

"It's a minaran!"

"Menorah," Sirius corrected as he entered the room. He waved his hand in the air, and five cups of hot coca zoomed into the living room "It's used to celebrate the Jewish holiday."

Harry sipped the warm drink, taking a seat in the armchair. She climbed onto his lap, staring at the scar on his forehead. Draco chuckled, and sat on the couch beside Remus. Sirius was on the ground, facing them.

"I hear you've started the DA again," Sirius said, with a smirk. Despite the warnings, they'd started an illegal organization. Only, Umbridge wasn't there to point it out. "Good job."

"Padfoot no!" Remus said, rubbing his temple. "That isn't the way this was supposed to be."

"They're learning to defend themselves. Pray tell Moons – What is wrong with that?"

"For fuck's sake –

"Language," Draco warned, glancing at a very amused Lily. "Honestly, do you have to swear before her? She is barely seven and you've probably taught her more than she ought to know."

Harry laughed, as Remus huffed indignantly and scrunched his nose. He was usually composed around them but even he hadn't heard Remus swear that often.

"I know we promised that we wouldn't break the law," Draco said, as Remus turned to him, silently asking – He was your responsibility, how did he coerce you into this? "Our chosen one here, doesn't worry about the law as it's consequences."

Remus, to his utmost surprise, broke into a grin. Harry gave him a confused frown, but he simply shook his head, waving his hand in dismissal. "Any trouble in paradise?"

Draco gave him a soft gaze, and he turned fairly pink. "I screwed up, but managed to make it up to him by gate-crashing the Christmas party."

"You were always a hopeless romantic," Harry said, rolling his eyes. "Gatecrashing the party, and asking me to a dance –