Epilogue: The World We Made

22nd December, 2004

It was raining that day too, in a way, flakes of snow drifting down slowly. The world was white – peace and innocence. He held out his hand for the snowflakes that settled like frosted kisses on his palm. He closed his eyes, and his lips curved into a smile.

"Are you ready?" Remus asked, his smile soft. He swallowed, and gave him a nod. The man chuckled, and shook his head slightly. "Nervous, are you?"

"I – Yes, I'm nervous."

He didn't invite his father to the wedding, and he didn't want to. Remus had offered to walk him down the aisle. He was barely able to control his tears.

Harry had Sirius, of course. But Remus had been more a father to him, than Lucius ever had.

"I was nervous as well," Remus said, with a smirk. "On the day I got married to Sirius."

He scoffed. "You weren't nervous."

"I was," He laughed, carding his fingers through his hair. "But you're doing considerably well."

"I'm not," Draco said, dropping his face into his palms. "We aren't rushing into this, are we? I want to marry him, but I'm so nervous and I should've chosen the other suit –

"Draco," He said calmly, with a hint of amusement. "Walk down aisle, and your worries will fade away, I assure you."

He nodded.

The interior of the atrium was done up in white and light blue, glittering icicles hanging from the walls, and the room was warm.

They began to walk down the aisle, as he drew his gaze up from the dark green carpet swirling with silver, to meet the faces of their guests.

Hermione was smiling softly at him, and Ginny was smirking. Theo was suppressing a grin, and Parkinson had a teasing grin on her face. Zabini was with them as well, and he gave him a nod. It had taken a while, to mend the strained relations with Zabini. The war hadn't been easy on either of them, and he had forgiven them.

Sirius gave him a wink, and the twins had a mischievous glint in their eyes. If the three of them were onto a prank, it was going to be an absolute disaster.

He was nervous. Even now. No, he couldn't focus on the guests. His gaze turned to the makeshift altar, glancing briefly at Ron wearing a pitch-black suit. And there he was – Harry, in a white suit, contrasting beautifully with his tan skin, hair as messy as the day they first met, glasses the same wireframes he'd always had. The man he loved.

And his worries faded away. Remus nudged him softly, muttering a soft: "I told you so."

"Hey, gorgeous." He said at the altar, as they laced their fingers together. Their eyes with glistening with tears, and he knew that one of them was going to cry.

Draco was wearing a white suit with light blue accents, a deep plum calla lily sticking out of his lapel pocket. Harry sporting a classic white lily, his suit accented in green.

A dreamy voice broke through, considerably calm, "We are gathered today to commemorate a beautiful moment in the lives of these two men."

Luna's blond hair fell to her waste in golden spindles, her radiant yellow dress circling her in various frills, smiling suns hanging from her ears.

Her cheeks were flushed, blue eyes bright, as she held out her hands. "In the brumal cold of December, they're going to get married. We've watched their love grow, and the animosity fade."

They smirked at each other, as Draco mouthed: "Scared, Potter?"

Harry chuckled, and gave a slight shake to his head before he muttered, "You wish."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Feb 09, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

The Other Sideजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें