Interlude - Forgive & Forget

Church had just went inside, leaving Tex, Ruby and Tucker outside. . . .

Ruby: Hey, Tex. Can I talk to you, in private. . .?

Tex: Oh, sure. Follow me.

The two crossed the center of the windmill and went to the other side of bridge.

Tex: So, is this about earlier. . .?

The magenta girl removed her helmet and gazed into her visor. . . .

Ruby: Allison, w-was there anything in my past self. . . Agent Hawaii went through that'd make me. . . you know, sensitive? Fragile?

Tex: Well. . . that. . . happened, but I don't think that would make her sensitive to insults. I'm not sure.

Ruby: H-How are you not sure? I was freaking out earlier! It was just a couple insults, and my mind was telling me I was fine, but everything else was just wrong! I was panicking, okay?!

Tex: Ruby, calm down.

The freelancer put held Ruby still by holding her shoulders.

Ruby: I-I'm sorry. I just. . . don't understand. Something from my past is haunting me and I don't remember anything. . . . It's terrifying.

Tex: She told me everything about herself back then, even her most embarrassing stories. . . . She would have told me of something traumatic no matter how bad it was. . . Unless. . . Its possible that your past self didn't want to remember either. That's probably why I don't know.

Ruby: So. . . it's possible that I've gone through something bad. . . Something that would make me a wimp?

Tex: Unfortunately, yes. . . .

The amnesiac took a deep breath before slipping her helmet back on.

Ruby: Thanks. . . that's all I needed to talk about.

Allison placed a hand on her arm, holding Ruby there.

Tex: If anything comes up. . . talk to me about it. . . You can trust me.

The girls smiled through their visors.

Ruby: I know, and I will. Thanks, Allison. . . .

*A Few Moments Later*

The two girls returned to where Tucker was standing. Ruby hopped down to where the robots were to try and examine what happened, leaving Tucker and Tex up there.

Tex: You know, you should probably apologize to her.

Tucker: Yeah I know. Just thinkin' about how. It's not really my thing.

Tex: Just say sorry, Ruby's nice, it'll work. She's only ever mean when you guys are being extreme idiots. Like when you called her a bitch twelve times.

Tucker: You didn't need to rub it in.

The Aqua soldier made his way down to Ruby. Upon hearing him near, she turned and made eye contact with him.

Ruby: Oh, what's up Tucker? Need anything?

Tucker: Uh, yeah. . . .

Ruby: Well, what is it?

The two sword wielders stood there in silence. The magenta girl placed a hand on her hip and tilted her head.

Ruby: Uh, I'm waiting. Come on, spit it out.

Tucker: I just wanted to say sorry, you know, for calling you a bitch.

And the silence returned. . . .

Ruby: Wow.

Tucker: Y-Yeah.

Ruby: That was the worst apology ever. . . of all time.

The Red swordswoman sighed, which quickly turned into a soft laugh.

Tucker: I'm taking that as an apology accepted?

Ruby: Apology accepted Tucker.

Tucker: But why? You said it yourself, it was the worst apology ever, of all time. And you're right! You're very perceptive.

Ruby: Because I know you tried your best. Heck, even coming down here probably took a lot of effort. That's what counts, isn't it?

Tucker: I guess.

Ruby: Besides, I'm not one to hold grudges. So, forgive and forget?

She raised her hand for him to shake.

Tucker: Forgive and forget.

The two shook hands. . . .

Ruby: Are you going to let go?

Tucker had yet to let go.

Ruby: You're overstaying your welcome.

He still had not let go.

Ruby: Okay, I'm stabbing you.

Tucker: Worth it!

Ruby: That's pathetic!