cozy carnival

Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

>:)

"Are you sure you are going to be alright for the evening?" Mrs. Legna asked the kids, who were just about to apparate out when they were stopped.

"We'll be fine. I'll have you know, I am an excellent babysitter." Hanna assured their mother. Venus wanted to laugh, considering she knew Hanna would leave as soon as they were out of their mother's view. The carnival wasn't her 'scene' apparently.

"Ana, they will be fine out on their own. You need to learn to let them go." Her husband chimed in.

Ana lightly smacked his chest. "Graham, they go off to boarding school for nine months a year, excuse me for wanting to spend some time with them and make sure they are okay!" She snapped, but quickly composed herself.

"Get us out of here before mum pops a blood vessel." Michael whispered to his older sister, who was the only Legna sibling that knew how to apparate.

Hanna didn't hesitate in grasping her siblings hands and leaving the scene. They had already said goodbye to Sebastian, who was probably still sulking in his room since Mrs. Legna refused to let him come along.

The trio appeared in a nearby alley that was a short walking distance to the carnival entrance, in order to not be seen by any muggles. "Please be careful, and don't die while I'm gone. I'll come back at nine sharp to take us home." The two younger siblings bid her goodbye as the girl apparated away again.

It was a silent walk to the carnival entrance, as no words were exchanged between the pair until they reached the entrance and scoped out the nearby area. "Make sure to stay with your friends the entire time." Michael said to his sister. "I'm sticking by the food area."

"Of course you are." Venus laughed, waving goodbye to her brother in order to find her friends. As she caught sight of Rosie's raven black hair, she gently pushed herself through the crowd to reach her friends.

She was pleasantly surprised to see Marlene, Clare, and Lily there as well. "Hello, everyone!" She greeted the group, excited to finally get to spend some time with everyone outside of school.

"Venus, love of my life how amazing it is to see you on this fine day!" Thea greeted the brunette girl back, with a dopey smile on her face.

Venus's eyebrows shot up in confusion, looking to Rosie for an answer to ger behavior. "I think she's just a little over excited."

'Totally not because Michael is here. Nope, absolutely not.' Rosie snickered to herself.

The group tried to link arms so they wouldn't lose each other in the crowd, and eventually stumbled onto a ring toss game. "You guys are so going down." Clare called out as she payed the booth worker and grabbed her rings. Marlene and Clare went head to head as the others watched the two girls put everything they had into a game of ring toss.