giggling gryffindors

Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Venus tried to sneak into the showers in the early morning without waking up her sleeping bed mates, but Clare was always the lightest sleeper of the bunch.

"Every year I tell myself that it's gonna be different this year. 'Dont worry, Clare. Venus is gonna grow up and stop waking up at 5:00 am.' Yet every year I am wrong." Venus shot the brunette a sorry smile as she could hear the drowsiness in her voice.

"One day you will thank me for bestowing a good habit into your mind." Vee tried to reason with the brown eyed girl that lay in the cleanest side of the room.

"No, one day you will thank me for not shaving off all of your hair in the middle of the night like I've contemplated doing... a thousand times... in the last three days." Venus only shot the angry girl a smile knowing that she was only being dramatic.

As much as Clare liked to say she wasn't friends with Thea and Venus, the two girls could see the love in her eyes when they first saw each other after each summer break.

Thea tried to invite Clare over last summer, but quickly learned that the address she was given was a fake. Whenever questioned, Clare would always answer with the same answer.

"I spend ten out of twelve months listening to you guys toss and turn in your sleep. Why would I succumb myself to anymore of that torture?"

After Venus was clean and dressed, she glanced at the clock that hung on the wall that read 5:45. Clare had fallen back asleep, and Thea's snores echoed through the small room.

She silently picked up her school bag and tip toed to the common room. Her mornings are usually spent doing homework or reading books by Mr. Scamander, Vee's idol.

She sits in one of the plenty of open desks by the window and let the warmth coat her skin as the sun came up. She had her Transfiguration book in front of her while she skimmed over a few of the pages from last year. Venus liked the serenity that came with being up this early, but it did get quite lonely.

She loved who she was and wouldn't ever want to change herself, but sometimes she wished she had some friends that didn't think she was abnormal doing her usual habits.

Aurora jumped into her lap and moo'd as she laid her head on Venus' thigh. She let out a giggle and wondered how she would make it through the school year if her cat made cow noises.

Though she was sure Dumbledore already knew about it. He always seemed to just know everything, but never telling anybody he knew. Venus hoped that when she was old, she could freak people out with her weirdness, too.

At around 6:30, Auroras head snapped up from Vee's lap and ran towards the windowsill to hide as more people came barreling down the stairs to get to breakfast. None of them blinked an eye at Venus, as they all knew how she tended to be up in the wee hours of the morning. She met up with Rosie that morning as Thea was no where to be found, and made their way to the Great Hall to get some food.