gift givers

Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Venus had woken up early the day after Christmas. She had made plans with Rosie and Thea to meet up and spend the day together exchanging gifts. They even invited Peter, much to his surprise, though the boy's weren't happy about letting him go since they were all spending the week at the Potter manor.

She strolled into the kitchen at sometime around 6:30 in the morning. Her father was still asleep, as he didn't need to get up for another half hour. Venus turned on the muggle coffee machine that her father loved, in order to get a cup ready for when he woke up, and made herself a cup of tea.

She found that she much prefered a cup of chamomile tea to the caffeinated beverage her father enjoyed. She didn't even realize that she was still wearing Remus's jumper until she passed a mirror, seeing how it almost fully draped over her frame. She kept it on as she took a seat on the couch and wrote a small note to Sebastian, her younger brother, as she truly missed seeing him. Next year, he would be joining Hogwarts, and Venus wouldn't have to stress about not getting to see him anymore.

She finished her letter, and sat back against the cusion to sip on the rest of her tea, as she heard her father finally roll out of bed. "G'Morning." He greeted her tiredly. Venus hadn't taken her early bird qualities from her father, that much was for sure. He wiped the tired from his eyes, but lit up when he saw the pot of coffee waiting for him.

Soon he joined his daughter on the couch as they both mentally prepared for their day. When the clock started pushing towards the eight o'clock mark, they branched off to get dressed. Venus shut the door behind her as she went to pick out an outfit for the day, opting to keep the bright yellow sweater on, as she had grown a liking to it. She tied the laces to her green shoes, not caring that it really didn't match the rest of her outfit.

Thea had told her to floo in at 8:09 sharp, so that the fireplace wouldn't be clogged when the others flooed in, so when that time came, she stuffed her bag with her friends presents, and went through the fireplace after saying a quick goodbye to her father.

After a very quick journey through the fireplace, she found herself in Thea's living room, greeted by her smiling friend. "You don't know how much i missed you!" The blonde smiled, pulling her friend into a bone crushing hug. Even though Thea had stayed at school for the holidays, she was still able to come down to her home every time there was a Hogsmeade trip.

Sadly, her mother was still away on work, so there would be no fudge for Rosie to snack on when she got there.

"I missed you, too! When is Rosie coming?" She asked, kicking off her shoes and setting them on the floor neatly.

"Honestly, she's probably still asleep, but Peter should be here in a few minutes." Thea replied, leading Venus into the back room so she could set her bag down before the others got there. She laughed, knowing the girl was incredibly right in her assumption that Rosie was probably still sleeping. That girl could sleep through a hurricane without stirring.