sappy shakespeare

Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

It was nearing Christmas time, and Venus now spent most of her time in the library. Rosie had been spending more and more time with Lily, Marlene, and Clare, while Thea had quidditch practice most days. This left Venus with a bit of extra free time to relax in the library and study for exams.

She had a notebook beside her as she jotted down extra information from her Herbology book beside her, and how some of the plants can be used to treat wounds. She was interrupted, however, when a shadow was cast over her book.

"Lucas!" She greeted him, pleasantly surprised. She hadn't really spoken to him much after she helped him pass his Potions quiz.

"Hello, Venus. Do you mind if I sit with you? I'll be quiet, I just dont want to get picked on by those Ravenclaw guys anymore." He held his head in shame. Venus felt sorry for the boy, and pulled out the seat next to her so the young boy could sit. He set his bag down next to the chair, and flashed her a grateful smile as he he took the seat next to her.

Venus enjoyed the silence that Lucas had promised while he sat and did his transfiguration homework. She figured that silence was about to be punctured when the marauders walked in. She tried not to snicker when Madam Pince had to shush them.

Remus had to bury his head in his book to hide his blush when Madam Pince came to scold him and his friends. He had tried to go to the library and study alone, but his friends weren't about to let him have some peace and quiet. He begged them to leave him alone so he could study.

"I have a quiz tomorrow in Muggle Studies, please shut up." He begged them, agitated. The last thing he wanted right now was to get kicked out of the library.

"It's not in our nature to be quiet, Moony." James had started calling him Moony ever since Halloween. The others thought it fit, so now it was his new nickname.

"Then why are you in the library?"

"We have to find books on becoming Animagi. We can't just let you go through your transformations on your own, now can we?" Sirius said, clapping the sandy haired boy on the back. Remus shook his head in exasperation. The three boys roamed the aisles trying to find books to help them learn how to become and Animagus.

James began picking books off the shelf one by one, Sirius decided to just pick up an entire section, and Peter was on his tip toes trying to read the book spines. Remus turned his page haphazardly, not really interested in it's contents. He was only here to prove to himself that at least he was trying. He hated Muggle Studies, despite the fact that his mother was a muggle. Hope had tried to teach him things about the muggle world over the years, but everything was unlearned when he got to Hogwarts.

He glanced up from his book to scan the library, which was a big mistake as his brown eyes fell on Venus, studying with Lucas by her side. Her book laid on the table, as she scribbled notes into the notepad beside her. She occasionally tucked a peice of hair behind her ears when it fell into her face. Remus tried to focus his attention back onto his own textbook, but it was no use. He had seen her there, and now she was in his thoughts.