pirate party

(The girl's dresses/ Costumes are at the end)Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Thea and Venus snuck Rosie into the Hufflepuff common room on the evening of the Halloween ball, so they could all get ready together. Clare was gone, presumably with Lily and Marlene in the Gryffindor dorms, so it was just the three girls there at the moment. Aurora hid under Venus' bed to hide from the three girls running around to get ready.

"Has anyone seen my eyepatch?" Venus called out as she ransacked her trunk looking for it. Thea picked the item up from her bedside table and threw it at her, not bothering to apologize when it hit her in the head as she ran around frantically. Venus rubbed her head where the small prop had hit her, and stood up to pull on her boots.

"The ball doesn't start for another hour, why are you stressing out?" The two girls looked at Venus with a look of shock.

"Stressing out? Who's stressing out? I'm not stressed, are you stressed, Ro?"

"Never been more calm, T." Their tones told otherwise, but Venus let them continue to tear the dorm room apart looking for what they need to get ready. "Since you're basically done, can you braid my hair while I do my makeup?" Rosie asked.

Venus took off her pirate patch and stood behind Rosie, who was looking in the mirror as she tried to perfect her lip gloss. She had soft hair, it felt nice to run her fingers through it as she tugged the dark locks into a semi-loose braid.

"Oh Merlin, I look hideous! No one is going to dance with me, I'll just stand in the corner and cry all night. That sounds like fun." Thea tended to get like this whenever her anxiety spiked. Venus and Rosie were the only ones who were able to calm her down and get her to think rationally.

"Thea, you're beautiful inside and out. If you find yourself self crying in the corner, come find me and we can dance the night away together." Venus assured her once she finished with Rosie's hair.

"Or you could come find me and we could hex whoever hurt you."

"Rosie, no." Venus said.

"Rosie, yes!" The raven haired girl shouted with a smirk. Venus facepalmed at her friends behavior, but it made Thea laugh, so she guessed it wasn't that bad. "Well, we're all done, so let's get this show on the road."

"Wait, I have a gift for you guys to wear tonight." Venus said before they could walk out the door. She opened the lid to her mahogany trunk, and pulled out two beautiful black rose hair clips. "They match both of your dresses." She added with a smile.

"Wuit being so nice I might cry." Thea smiled as she took one of the clips from her friends hand. She turned to Rosie and placed the clip at her temple, and she did the same to Thea.