waking her for cuddles

The constant ticking of the clock on the wall was starting to drive you crazy. With every second that went by, you continued to lie awake while Winter slept soundly beside you.

She fell asleep fast tonight. Worn out from her hard day, it only took her a moment to fall asleep after her head hit the pillow.

But you've been wide awake since then. It's been nearly two hours since you first climbed into bed. You've been patient, you've tried counting sheep, but nothing that you do seems to help lull you to sleep.

You groaned in frustration, wondering if you should just head downstairs and occupy yourself with the tv until sleep came; if it would even come to you at all.

But you didn't want to leave Winter. You know she'll notice your absence sooner or later and she'd come looking for you.

Her back faced you. Part of you wondered if the warmth of her embrace would be what you needed to get some rest. If you couldn't sleep, at least you'd be in the warmth and comfort of her arms.

You hate waking her. You know how hard she works and how insanely hectic her schedule is right now. She needs all the sleep she can get.

But you also know she's there for you always and if you mentioned in passing sometime through the day tomorrow that you couldn't sleep, she'd wonder why you didn't wake her to help you.

So you scooted closer to her and rubbed her back until she made a few soft sounds and opened her eyes.

"Y/N? Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry I woke you but I can't sleep."

"Oh." She mumbled tiredly and turned to face you. "Do you need anything?"

"Yeah. Could you cuddle me?"

She rubbed her eyes sleepily before cracking a little smile and nodding her head as her heart melted at the thought of you waking her for cuddles during your restlessness.

"Always happy to cuddle you, my love." She said and opened her arms for you.

You moved into them right away. Laying your head on her chest, right over her heart, you felt your worries drift away as soon as her arms were around you and her legs tangled with yours.

"Are you okay? Do you have anything on your mind that's keeping you awake?"

You shook your head quickly.

"No. Don't worry, Winter. I'm already starting to feel better."

"Good." She said and kissed the crown of your head.

You closed your eyes at the brush of her lips. Instead of frustrated groans falling from your lips, you were letting out soft and contented sighs as her heartbeat filled your ears and her smell filled your lungs.

Soon, you were starting to fall asleep as she rubbed your back soothingly.

"Love you so much."

"I love you, Winter."

She smiled to herself as you fell asleep shortly after and only then did she allow herself to fall asleep.

You didn't need to count sheep or watch something you love to calm down enough to fall asleep.

The only thing you ever needed was Winter.