she argues with you when she doesn't know you're sick (requested)

You coughed into your elbow once more before squeezing your eyes shut tightly as you tried desperately to get a little sleep.

You've been curled up on the sofa since early this morning. Shortly after Winter woke you to say goodbye, wanting to give you a kiss on your cheek and tell you that she loves you, you began to feel a little off.

Before you knew it, you were sick to your stomach, and as much as you didn't want to leave the comfort of your bed, being home alone while Winter is busy in practice meant you were taking care of yourself and you didn't want to spend the entire day going up and down the stairs when you needed something such as water or soup if you could eat.

Although you know you can always call or text Winter to tell her you're sick, you know she and the girls are so busy these days and you didn't want to disturb her.

You've been trying to get some sleep but it hasn't been easy. You keep shivering from the chills and your stomach continues to turn due to how nauseous you feel.

But you finally feel everything catching up to you and as you lay there with your eyes closed, you felt yourself drifting into a deep sleep as your favorite show quietly plays in the background.

But just as you were about to fall asleep, the front door opened and slammed shut as Winter arrived home.

"Hey." You spoke weakly and heard Winter grumbling under her breath about something as she kicked off her shoes. "Babe? Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just peachy." She said as she looked over at you and rolled her eyes a second later. "I had the worst day! I'm so frustrated."

"I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't had the best day either. I've been-"

"Yeah, yeah. Look, can you just make me some food already?"

You froze over the words that left her lips.

Did she seriously just ask you that?

"What?'

"I need a shower."

"Then go take one."

"But I need some food after my long day. While I'm in there, you could make me some food."

"Or you can use your own two hands to do it yourself." You spoke angrily. "How dare you speak to me that way! What do I look like? Your maid?"

"Don't do this right now, y/n. I'm so tired."

"Join the club! I'm exhausted. But someone came in, slamming the door and grumbling to themselves and ruined my opportunity to finally get some sleep."

"I had a hard enough day. Are you going to complain for the rest of the evening? Should I just go upstairs?"

"Yeah. Maybe you should. Go think about how rude you're being right now!"

"I just asked you to make me some food! You do that a lot for me."

"Not when I'm sick, Winter!"

She'd been so caught up in her anger and frustration that, despite looking at you, she hadn't realized just how unwell you looked. She hadn't looked at you long or hard enough to do so.

But now she was looking at you and she was so concerned about you.

"Sick? You're sick?"

"Yeah. I think I have a stomach bug."

She rushed to you and tried to put her hand on your forehead to feel for a fever. But you pushed her hand away.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"What does it look like? After the way you just spoke to me, I don't want you to touch me." You said.

She sighed and closed her eyes, realizing just how awful she acted towards you.

"I'm sorry. You're right. I shouldn't have spoken to you that way."

"Yeah, you shouldn't have! I didn't deserve that!"

"I know you didn't, my love."

"I cook for you because I care for you. In no way am I obligated to. You shouldn't expect to come home to a meal. I do it when I know you need it and when I feel up to doing it for you. You have two hands and two feet and are capable of doing these things yourself."

"You're right."

"Damn right I am!" You grumbled as you folded your arms over your chest. "You shouldn't speak to me that way. Not ever. I love you but you have no right to act that way towards me."

"I know. I'm so sorry."

"You should be."

She cracked a small smile before putting her hand on your forehead.

"You're burning up."

"I know. My temperature is one hundred and one something, the last time I checked. Which wasn't long ago."

"I'm sorry you don't feel well and I'm so sorry for treating you the way I did. Can you please forgive me? So I can take care of you."

"Fine." You said after a moment of thinking. "But if you ever speak to me that way again, I am walking out that door and not coming back. I do nice and romantic things for you because I'm in love with you and want the best for you. I don't have to do anything. Don't expect things from me. It's not nice."

"I promise, I won't ever again."

You sighed and closed your eyes.

"Can I make you some soup?"

"Oh, so you can cook on your own?" You opened your eyes, smirking a little.

She shook her head with a laugh.

"Yes."

"I knew it." You said, closing your eyes again. "But yeah, I'd like that. Thank you."

"You're welcome. Get some rest." She said and kissed your forehead lovingly before getting up to go into the kitchen to make you some soup.